Honored Contributor

Re: Hair Styles for Women in 2020

I have worn a chignon for over 40 years...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Hair styles depend on face cut, features and personality. The cuts are nice and trendy, but not everyone can carry them effortlessly.

Respected Contributor

I can't understand the style that most women on tv wear these days, news host, QVC hosts, etc.  It's individual ''squiggly'' stringy pieces  hanging down that gives the appearance of not being brushed.   As my mom would have said ''Looks like the cat sucked it''..(we never had a cat).  It must be the style now but I can't help but believe, years from now, when their pictures are shown, someone will ask ''' WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS  WRONG WITH YOUR HAIR" ???

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda ............when I was a kid and my dad would tell me my hair looked like the calves had sucked.  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I usually have my long hair in a side braid or a top knot...nothing special but that suits my lifestyle.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

I can't understand the style that most women on tv wear these days, news host, QVC hosts, etc.  It's individual ''squiggly'' stringy pieces  hanging down that gives the appearance of not being brushed.   As my mom would have said ''Looks like the cat sucked it''..(we never had a cat).  It must be the style now but I can't help but believe, years from now, when their pictures are shown, someone will ask ''' WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS  WRONG WITH YOUR HAIR" ???

Yes, that is contemporary styling. I actually look better when my hair is helter-skelter, but with more refined ends.

I remember the days when, especially my older sister, was sooo concerned about having every last hair in place, and then she sprayed it so it wouldn't move.

I'm sure pixies are a lot less trouble, except for the maintenance trims.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I have worn a chignon for over 40 years...........

Woman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

@sarahpanda . I don't care much for that look either, but it seems to be very popular now. 

Honored Contributor

Well----nothing new or exciting with either  of those styles---

Honored Contributor

The 3rd one is my haircut!! I use a smoothing cream before a 5 minute blow dry w/ round brush to straighten curls.