Trusted Contributor

Re: Hair Straightener Law Suit

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

If you have a legitimate legal case, there is no need to join the class action suits advertised on TV. You and a lawyer of your choice can file you own private lawsuit.

@PickyPicky3   This is true, however, there are many class action suits that are not on TV. In fact, many victims are not made aware of it until they start researching their symptoms and discover there is a lawsuit/lawsuits being filed. In some cases, it's the only way to get the attention of not only the manufacturer but also the government in order to have the product/medical device/item banned permanently. 

If her story is true, I sincerely hope she wins as well as assisting others in bringing their own cases to court. Ideally, the product should be banned or the caustic chemicals replaced so no other woman needs to suffer this tragedty.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Late last night my husband was perusing the channel guide trying to find something to go to sleep to on the couch and he commented "Acetaminophin Autism Lawsuit?" indicating that was one of the TV listings.  Never heard of that link .  Seems there's a lawsuit for everything these days.

@Icegoddess   Yes, it really does seem so.  I did call about this one....however, it seems there is an age limit for the child.  They didn't tell me what it was, just that mine was too old.  Too bad they didn't speciify the age cut off in their advertisement.  Might have saved them a bunch of unnecessary phone calls.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Late last night my husband was perusing the channel guide trying to find something to go to sleep to on the couch and he commented "Acetaminophin Autism Lawsuit?" indicating that was one of the TV listings.  Never heard of that link .  Seems there's a lawsuit for everything these days.

@Icegoddess   Yes, it really does seem so.  I did call about this one....however, it seems there is an age limit for the child.  They didn't tell me what it was, just that mine was too old.  Too bad they didn't speciify the age cut off in their advertisement.  Might have saved them a bunch of unnecessary phone calls.

@SloopJohnB was that the reason they started telling people not to give Acetaminophen to children under a certain age a few years ago?  I remember something about that but don't remember if that is the fever reducer mentioned or what the issue was. I haven't had small children in decades, so I didn't pay that close attention.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SloopJohnB was that the reason they started telling people not to give Acetaminophen to children under a certain age a few years ago?  I remember something about that but don't remember if that is the fever reducer mentioned or what the issue was. I haven't had small children in decades, so I didn't pay that close attention.

@Icegoddess  Well, this one was about the pregnant mother taking the medicine & then giving birth to a child that ends up having autism.  But I haven't had small children in decades, either.  LOL  My "child" is an adult now, but nevertheless he still has autism but just apparently too old, (31), for their litigation purposes.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess  Well, this one was about the pregnant mother taking the medicine & then giving birth to a child that ends up having autism.  But I haven't had small children in decades, either.  LOL  My "child" is an adult now, but nevertheless he still has autism but just apparently too old, (31), for their litigation purposes.

@SloopJohnB I have a grandchild that is 24. I can't remember when Acetaminophen came out so I don't know if it was even available when my daughter was born, she's 44.  My grandson does have some issues, but I have my own theories that don't involve Acetaminophen about that.  He's very smart, but has basically no social skills whatsoever.  So, I guess he made the right career choice, computer nerd.  The lack of social skills is kinda expected. LOL.