Honored Contributor

Hair Salons/Barber Shops Closing

Our governor is asking all hair salons & barber shops to close at end of business today, March 18. I had an appointment last week so my hair is freshly trimmed. I have longer hair anyway so a regular trim isn’t necessary for me.

I know it’s not the most important thing right now. Just thinking about all the places we go and things we normally do that won’t be possible now. Our lives are so different from just a week ago. 

Take care, everyone! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Hair Salons/Barber Shops Closing

I went yesterday.  It smelled of disinfectant and just a few people there.  We agreed that will be last visit for awhile.

Respected Contributor

I go to a single operator salon and went yesterday.  My sweet stylist gave me product for future root touch-ups.  She closed (by choice) as of today.

My husband went this morning to "his" place.  He said there were 4 stylists.  They are open daily until 2.  As far as his girl knew, they would remain open.

Trusted Contributor

My next appointment already set up for first week in April, will most likely be cancelled by me if the salon does not close first.  May be easier to go grey than I think.  At least during winter I can still wear a hat.  May have to wear a baseball hat once warmer weather comes.  But in all honesty, grey hair should be the least of our worries now.  Maybe by the time I can go back, hair will be mostly grey and I can just say cut of anything not grey.

Honored Contributor

I may be shallow, but I'm glad I got my hair cut and colored last week!

Respected Contributor

I have an appointment for cut and color on March 31. Just wonder if everything will be open by then. It's going to depend on how many more cases are reported. I know it sounds shallow but I will look like alpaca if I have to go past that date.

Respected Contributor

GMA Deals today

The TRU Hair products are good for root touch-ups for those of who will not give in to the gray.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My daughter is a hairstylist.  So far the salon is still open but they have reduced their hours and are limiting the amount of people in the salon to 10 total at a time (guests and stylist).  They have also upped their sanitation and disinfecting practices, wiping down their stations between clients with bleach wipes and asking each guest to wash their hands prior to service.  I was there for a color and cut yesterday and wasn’t fearful at all.  

Respected Contributor

I just read, as of 8:00PM tonight, all salons/barber shops will be closed in NJ.

Honored Contributor

Just heard, DD's salon is closing for at least two weeks.  After that, they'll reevaluate.