Regular Contributor

Hair Product Recommendations Please

Can anyone recommend a good product for taming frizz/curls?  My hair is thick, a tad bit corse and frizzy.  While waiting for a great cut, I need to do something about my unrulely hair lol.  I moved to the South and some days it seems like I can "feel" it frizzing out and getting bigger!

I use condtioner.  Have tried Morraccan Oil, curling cream - evening straightening it.  With the humidity I'd prefer to just let it curl but would like to reel it in Smiley Happy

Any suggestions appreciated.  Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe!

Betty

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hair Product Recommendations Please

@betty423   How about WEN replenishing treatment mist.  I don't have your curls but I like the way this mist adds moisture to my hair.   Just spray on dry hair.....

Respected Contributor

Check this out for sure, I do not use the whole line but this would be very good for what you are looking for.

Tweak'd by Nature Dhatelo Restore Revitalize Hair Treatment Mist

You can find it on QVC or HSN

Trusted Contributor

My curls get a nice quarter sized dollop of Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth leave in conditioning cream.

It's really cheap and effective.

I use the "praying hands" method to apply on really wet hair. I do not apply near the roots or my hair will be flat on top. 

As a side note, I now use a paddle brush with plastic bristles to detangle while in the shower. Makes all the difference in the world and my curls are much more defined.

I fluff out hair a little from the underneath when completely dry.

Valued Contributor

Color Wow Dreamcoat for curly hair check out also

Trusted Contributor

Try mousse. I like Tressemé. Both the flawless curls and extra hold formulas work equally well for my thick, curly, frizzy hair. I never brush or comb my hair, I use only my fingers.

Respected Contributor

Try Deva curl product line for curls.

Honored Contributor

John Frieda's Frizz Ease line ... all the products are good.  

Check them out - reasonable prices.  

Honored Contributor

@betty423   I don't do The Curly Girl Method, but try to stay away from products with any silicones. They coat my hair and dry it out....result? More frizz. 

Respected Contributor

I am not really a Living Proof fan but their Blowout Concentrate Serum is really good. My hair is thick, coarse and wavy which I prefer to wear straightened. This stuff has worked well for me. I just ordered a product from Sephora from Rossana Ferretti Parma which is a straightening serum. It's pricey but got the 20% off. Anxious to see how this works. Unite also makes a very nice product called Smooth and Shine. I can't use Wen Styling Cream. It give my hair too much volume which I don't need.