Trusted Contributor

Re: Hair Product Presentations

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@Shanus  wrote:

@Hedge   Before and since I stopped using WEN, I've found many sulfate free drugstore or reasonably priced shampoos that did nothing to damage/fade my color. They also used a heck of a lot less product. 

No doubt you have.

Chaz doesn't claim this is a demo comparing all non-wen products to WEN...just a particular one that's promoted as being WEN-like.

To put it another way, in the demo Kat does on color treated hair, Chaz compares his apple to another apple that claims to be not just a sulfate free choice, but the same as his specific apple.

The demo shows it's not.

None of your smoke and mirrors in there, @Anonymous032819

@x Hedge   My comments are not meant to be WEN bashing, but rather about hair demos on shows in general. If I remember the last WEN show when that 1/2 hair WEN 1/2 hair other shampoo was done, Chaz showed that she could not get a comb through the non-WEN side...knotted and lathered. I've used other cleansing conditioners for my curly hair marketed as such and I certainly could slide a comb through like silk...would have to w/ fragile curly hair. That's the only reason I believe Chaz used a shampoo w/ sulfates and no conditioners to show the great differences between that side and the other w/ WEN. 

Again, more smoke and mirrors.

All Wen is, is conditioner that has a tiny bit of shampoo in it.

On the other half of the head, he only uses shampoo, so of course the comb isn't going to slip though the hair.

Put conditioner on the shampooed half of the head, and the comb will slip through the hair too.

Here's a hairdresser reacting to Wen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK3aneJFVsw 

Had to watch that guys reaction to WEN...pretty funny!  Never heard of that stylist but he's hysterical!

Honored Contributor

My biggest issue is with the hot tool demos such as that Calista styler.  

They always show before pics and then Maria does their hair with the styler and they pop up an after photo.  Why don't they bring someone out with just washed, unstyled hair?

They always have models with super thick heads of hair, that have obviously have product in their hair and have already been styled before coming on air to have their hair styled more.  By the end of the day, their hair has been styled 5 or more times.  That is not an adequate represenation of what that styler will do.   

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Shanus , there are lots of choices, and I'm glad you found something suitable. I didn't take your post as a bash of either WEN or Chaz. That demo is a counterpoint to the marketing claim of a single product, which is proven false every time.

Whereas the post that tagged after yours is a direct Chaz bash, suggesting he's a flimflam swindler who has to resort to dubious "smoke and mirrors" to sell his product. 

I would've agreed with the sameness of many hair product models in the past. Lol, I grew up looking at photos of the "Breck Girl", whose hair never had anything in common with mine.

I'm impressed that Chaz has branched out, giving us more models with thin hair, wirey hair, and highly textured curled and kinked hair, and alowing them to self-style for the shows.

I emailed his CS after one show to inquire about the WEN products Akenka had used to style her own hair. They forwarded my email, and she replied.  Love it!

@Anonymous032819 , omg!!!! You picked out that guy to backup your conclusion?

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Hi @Shanus , there are lots of choices, and I'm glad you found something suitable. I didn't take your post as a bash of either WEN or Chaz. That demo is a counterpoint to the marketing claim of a single product, which is proven false every time.

Whereas the post that tagged after yours is a direct Chaz bash, suggesting he's a flimflam swindler who has to resort to dubious "smoke and mirrors" to sell his product. 

I would've agreed with the sameness of many hair product models in the past. Lol, I grew up looking at photos of the "Breck Girl", whose hair never had anything in common with mine.

I'm impressed that Chaz has branched out, giving us more models with thin hair, wirey hair, and highly textured curled and kinked hair, and alowing them to self-style for the shows.

I emailed his CS after one show to inquire about the WEN products Akenka had used to style her own hair. They forwarded my email, and she replied.  Love it!

@Anonymous032819 , omg!!!! You picked out that guy to backup your conclusion?

You have a problem with Brad Mondo?

He has almost 4 MILLION subscribers to his channel, so, he must be doing something right.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99 : I guess I'm one of those lucky ones as I have thick hair, a good haircut and finger set and let air dy. Thank goodness too because I honestly have trouble with styling tools. No idea what the heck I'd look like if I couldn't let air dry

Respected Contributor

I must say of all the hair product shows & demos, I love watching the Tweak'd shows the most.  That Johnny can really do hair!