Honored Contributor

Re: Hair Product Presentations

They should be styled in both pics.  The befores are obviously flattened out and I doubt anyone would go out in public looking that way.  At the very least, have the model style their hair the way they always do in the Before pic.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining wrote:

@pigletsmom wrote:

Yup the problem isn't that the befores aren't pro styled, it's that they look like they just rolled out of bed.

I also saw a presentation once where they were showing how regular shampoo removes the hair color from your hair. When I do bother to color my hair I've never had a bunch of the color on the towel even right after I've colored it at home. This demo had the towel covered in color like they had toweled her head off with the dye still in there.

I saw that demo long ago.  Never saw so much color smeared around before.

Wasn't it Wen?

Yes it was. The entire towel was covered. Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@pigletsmom  :

While permanent hair color enters the hair shaft, semi-permanent color coats the outside of the hair and is made to wash out with successive shampoos.

The harsher the shampoo the faster the colors wash out.

They probably demonstrated with a stain or semi permanent colour for the dramatic impact.

I've used permanent and now I use a demi and I've never seen it on my towel. But this demo had the towel covered so if it was a less permanent color the person should reconsider the type they are using. It was over the top.

Esteemed Contributor

@pigletsmom 

I usually see Chaz's presentations.

Wonder if that was Kat.

Kat does a comparison demo, one side WEN, the other side a WEN knockoff. The copycat side always leeches out lots of colour.

She uses a deep shade of red, and reds bleed out and fade more easily anyhow. It's dramatic on a white towel.

Chaz is a colorist, and developed WEN to help keep that expensive colour looking true, longer.

Honored Contributor

I think during the Dyson dryer demos, some models attempt to style their own hair with it. Their hair doesn't look so great (sometimes flat and/or frizzy)...not so good for selling a $500 dryer.

That's probably why we see pros stying hair when hair products and tools are presented. It's the same w/ makeup and skincare. The smoke and mirrors approach.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@pigletsmom 

Wonder if that was Kat.

Kat does a comparison demo, one side WEN, the other side a WEN knockoff. The copycat side always leeches out lots of colour.

She uses a deep shade of red, and reds bleed out and fade more easily anyhow. It's dramatic on a white towel.

Chaz is a colorist, and developed WEN to help keep that expensive colour looking true, longer.

@x Hedge   Before and since I stopped using WEN, I've found many sulfate free drugstore or reasonably priced shampoos that did nothing to damage/fade my color. They also used a heck of a lot less product. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@pigletsmom 

Wonder if that was Kat.

@x Hedge   Before and since I stopped using WEN, I've found many sulfate free drugstore or reasonably priced shampoos that did nothing to damage/fade my color. They also used a heck of a lot less product. 

Yup, Chaz uses a lot of smoke and mirrors to sell his product.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  wrote:

@Hedge   Before and since I stopped using WEN, I've found many sulfate free drugstore or reasonably priced shampoos that did nothing to damage/fade my color. They also used a heck of a lot less product. 

No doubt you have.

Chaz doesn't claim this is a demo comparing all non-wen products to WEN...just a particular one that's promoted as being WEN-like.

To put it another way, in the demo Kat does on color treated hair, Chaz compares his apple to another apple that claims to be not just a sulfate free choice, but the same as his specific apple.

The demo shows it's not.

None of your smoke and mirrors in there, @Anonymous032819

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

@Shanus  wrote:

@Hedge   Before and since I stopped using WEN, I've found many sulfate free drugstore or reasonably priced shampoos that did nothing to damage/fade my color. They also used a heck of a lot less product. 

No doubt you have.

Chaz doesn't claim this is a demo comparing all non-wen products to WEN...just a particular one that's promoted as being WEN-like.

To put it another way, in the demo Kat does on color treated hair, Chaz compares his apple to another apple that claims to be not just a sulfate free choice, but the same as his specific apple.

The demo shows it's not.

@x Hedge   My comments are not meant to be WEN bashing, but rather about hair demos on shows in general. If I remember the last WEN show when that 1/2 hair WEN 1/2 hair other shampoo was done, Chaz showed that she could not get a comb through the non-WEN side...knotted and lathered. I've used other cleansing conditioners for my curly hair marketed as such and I certainly could slide a comb through like silk...would have to w/ fragile curly hair. That's the only reason I believe Chaz used a shampoo w/ sulfates and no conditioners to show the great differences between that side and the other w/ WEN. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@Shanus  wrote:

No doubt you have.

The demo shows it's not.

@x Hedge   My comments are not meant to be WEN bashing, but rather about hair demos on shows in general. If I remember the last WEN show when that 1/2 hair WEN 1/2 hair other shampoo was done, Chaz showed that she could not get a comb through the non-WEN side...knotted and lathered. I've used other cleansing conditioners for my curly hair marketed as such and I certainly could slide a comb through like silk...would have to w/ fragile curly hair. That's the only reason I believe Chaz used a shampoo w/ sulfates and no conditioners to show the great differences between that side and the other w/ WEN. 

Again, more smoke and mirrors.

All Wen is, is conditioner that has a tiny bit of shampoo in it.

On the other half of the head, he only uses shampoo, so of course the comb isn't going to slip though the hair.

Put conditioner on the shampooed half of the head, and the comb will slip through the hair too.

Here's a hairdresser reacting to Wen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK3aneJFVsw 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.