Esteemed Contributor

I've been using this since Nov 2018, three times a week.  I definately have seen great results. I had a very thin spot in the center by forehead.  It is totally filled in.  I also use an oil from the big A.  Botanical Green Care Cayenne Scalp Treatment, once or twice a week. My hair looks like I'm growing out layers.

A346605No Image Found
Super Contributor

I have the laser band and it works for me.  I was using Rogine for men but had to stop due to it drying my scalp out and it itching.  The laser band takes about 3 months to start seeing results and about 5 months to see a big difference.  My hair is still not as thick as it used to be but the thinning is much better.  They say not to use it every day but every other day.  

Honored Contributor

I'm about a month behind.  I had to send my first one back and by the time I got the replacement it was time for our ski trip, so I put it off until after that.  I started at the beginning of March, so I'm 3 months in.  Maybe it's wishful thinking, but the other day I was unconsciously rubbing my fingers across my scalp at the hairline and thought I was feeling a bunch of short hairs that weren't there before. Can't really tell anything by looking though.

Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone.

I'm not sure what is working. I started Rogaine about 3 months before buying the Hair Max.

I was not careful about using it according to the directions. Sometimes I'd go a week before using it again. I didn't see any results until right before I saw the Hair Max on QVC.

I noticed small new hairs growing from the thin areas. My hair was so thin around the crown, temples. I was getting upset and decided to try Rogaine. Not seeing much progress, I ordered the Hair Max.

So, I was using Rogaine for about 3 months, noticed new hair growing and then started using the HairMax.

I have to say, my hair has grown back so much, I'm shocked everyday. It is actually looking thick! My hairline has come back, the crown area is thicker and covered. I'm so happy, but not sure what is causing the difference.

My gut feeling is that it is the Rogaine. However, I do not use it according to directions because it does irritate my scalp so I use it about 3x a week. I've been using the Hair Max on the days I don't use Rogaine.

Something has definitely worked. Just not sure which one!

By the way, I use Copper Peptides on my face for sun damage. Works well, better than anything else. I would put a dab of copper on the spots on my scalp which was irritated and it went away. It does come back after a few weeks, but I use copper again and the irritation is gone.

I'm Irish, very fair skin and have a lot of sun damage which is getting better. I know, as a gardener, the scalp irritation is due to sun damage.

I think I should probably return the Hair Max.

Honored Contributor

@Ceci, you say you have a lot of sun damage.  Have you had a dermatologist check you out?  Even though the copper may be lessening the appearance of the sun damage on the surface, the real damage can go deep beneath the surface.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair Max ...Results?

[ Edited ]

Although sun may not directly cause hair loss, the sun can cause the follicles to go into the shedding phase prematurely and cause thinning. Repeated sun exposure will eventually lead to more thinning and possible baldness. Wear a hat if you are out in the sun, one with a UPF rating if possible.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee, I wish I could, but I just can't.  Hats make my scalp even hotter causing it to sweat and then I get awful itchy bumps.  I get that without even wearing a hat, but a hat would make it worse.  Luckily, most of my yard work is done in the shade, but right now I'm in the middle of shrub trimming on the sunny side.  Even with two applications of sunscreen I can see where my watch was and I could feel that I had gotten a little burn on my face afterwards.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Hair Max ...Results?

[ Edited ]

You can still get a lot of UV radiation while in the shade. It comes from things around you that are reflecting it towards you...like the ground or any other surface where the sun is shining directly on it, especially wet ground or bodies of water. It's a myth that you can't get sunburned while in the shade. @Icegoddess 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee, I do wear sunscreen whenever I work in the yard (as yucky and sticky as it is), but it's hard to see the sun getting through that canopy.  My husband didn't believe me when I told him to wear sunscreen on the boat even when it's cloudy, but the dermatologist backed me up.  It's funny how we become idiots once we marry them.  

Honored Contributor

There are some sunscreens out there that are made just for the scalp. Some are spray and others liquids. The had part is finding one that you'll like and actually use. @Icegoddess