Valued Contributor

Time to return mine is coming up. Do see some growth but I also use Rogaine. Not sure which is working.

Love to hear from ladies using just the Hair Max 41 Laser Band.

Honored Contributor

@Ceci 

I know someone who used the iGrow laser (same as Hair Max) cap for female pattern baldness diagnosed by a biopsy.  Her hair was coming in very well, but after 5 months it began falling out as badly as it had before she started using the iGrow. Couldn't find out why.  

One iGrow reviewer on QVC at that time had the same response.  Have no idea how common that is, but you might want to read reviews of the one you are using.

She's been using Rogaine over a year and a lot of her hair has returned.  The difference is amazing.  She had a large area of hair loss on top of her head.  No more seeing her scalp.  

She read that Rogaine for women is too weak to get a good response, so she uses Rogaine for men 3 times a week and for women 4 times.

The reason for the lower percentage is the concern for women growing hair on their faces.  She has seen a small amount of hair growth over her upper lip...uses one of those electric tweezer gadgets to remove it.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

It's the rograin.

The hair max does not work.

Esteemed Contributor

Can't speak specifically to the laser band but can tell you I used the Hairmax Primo 9 (handheld) faithfully 3x a week as prescribed from last Feb of 2018 to this past Feb and NADA.

Honored Contributor

I don't have the band but have one of the older versions and have used it for a few years with really good results.  I had hair loss on my temple area and really had to arrange my hair when pulling it up.  I used it at least 3 times a week and usually daily for a year and now don't have the bare spots.  I no use it at least once a week for maintenance.  I noticed some fuzz after about a month when I started using mine.

Respected Contributor

I have used my hair max for 8 months and if there is any improvement it is a very small amount. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair Max ...Results?

[ Edited ]

I've been using hair lasers for several years and I've had much of my hair come back. I started with the HM9 comb, then used an iGrow and now I own the CapillusPro cap which has 272 lights on it. It wasn't until I started using the Capillus cap that I noticed a huge improvement in the thickness of my hair. I started using the Capillus in Aug '18 and I am still getting new growth. It's especially evident around my hair line. I can't say enough about the Capillus. I know it's quite an investment but I will be using it for the rest of my life and to me it's worth every penny.

ETA - Before using the hair lasers I tried Rogaine but that did not help me so I never went back to using it after I started using the hair lasers.

Honored Contributor

As an experienced hair laser user myself, I have some important things to say about using them so you get the best results possible:

- Keep your laser charging at all times in order to avoid using less than optimal laser light strength.

- If you are using a fill-in powder, for example the Joan Rivers Great Hair Day product, then you must remove it from your scalp completely before using your laser. Do not just wipe your scalp but wash it off to insure that the laser light reaches your hair follicles without obstruction.

- Do not use your laser everyday but do use it every other day. The reason behind this is that your hair follicles become 'lazy' and accustomed to the laser light energy. It is important to let them rest and give them a chance to take a breath so to speak.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hair Max ...Results?

[ Edited ]

My Uncle tried Rogaine and he had a few side effects and stopped using it,  When I saw this thread decided to share this:

Rogaine side effects

•severe scalp
irritation;
•unwanted
growth of facial hair;
•chest pain,

fast heartbeats;
•swelling in your hands or feet, rapid weight gain;
•a light-headed feeling,
like you might pass out;
•headache, dizziness,
confusion; or.
•flushing (warmth,
redness, or tingly feeling).

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

My Uncle tried Rogaine and he had a few side effects and stopped using it,  When I saw this thread decided to share this:

Rogaine side effects

•severe scalp
irritation;
•unwanted
growth of facial hair;
•chest pain,

fast heartbeats;
•swelling in your hands or feet, rapid weight gain;
•a light-headed feeling,
like you might pass out;
•headache, dizziness,
confusion; or.
•flushing (warmth,
redness, or tingly feeling).

@FlowerBear, I tried Rogaine and it made my scalp itch.  It was a weird, can't find it to scratch it itch that would never go away.  I just coldn't deal with it.  Luckily, I didn't have any of the other possible side effects.