Esteemed Contributor

I think I have had it all - waist length to super short pixie - brown, blond, red and many highlights - permed, straight- even have been bald.  So over hair.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had a pixie, shoulder length and hair to my waist.  It's to the middle of my back now.

Super Contributor

My hair has been as short as 1" all around, nearly bald (thanks chemo!), a few years to top of shoulders, now to waist lenth.

I'm gonna keep it waist length for the time being-easy to deal with.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair Length Journey

[ Edited ]

@wilma   My hair stayed short growing up because of the curls and gymnastics. By the end of high school, I started to experiment with different lengths, but still felt most like myself in a pixie. I enjoyed doing my makeup more than futzing w/ my hair. A pixie not only allowed the time for that, but  puts your face front and center. Mine is small, round with petite features and larger eyes. 

I let my hair grow long when I got engaged so I could wear it up for my wedding (w/ the help of a clip in hairpiece). I remember DH going outside our hotel room to shake the rice out of it. 🤣 

With two babies a year apart, a very short hair cut was back until they entered first grade. I tried wearing it different lengths for many years, but always went back to my signature pixie...tweaking it a bit from time to time. 

When I stopped coloring my hair, the short layered white hair looked like my Mom's hair & her older friends, not a compliment (sorry Mom). I needed something longer, sleek and a little more youthful. I associated the short layers w/ soccer mom hair. Those years were decades ago. 

So, here I am at the beginning of my 7th decade with a LOB and wispy bangs. It's versatile & fits my style of classic and no fuss. 

Valued Contributor

@msgb wrote:

I have been contemplating getting a trim.

I have a birthday tomorrow and well I am guessing I am around your age.

My hair is about 6-8 inches below the shoulders.

I prefer for myself longer hair as I have wavy and thick hair and it is easier to take care of with a bit of weight. I have known a number of people who have gone thru the loss of their hair for many reasons so I am happy to have hair. (I have a sister who lost her hair for a time due to stage 4 cancer and my father did not have a lot of hair). 

I think that you have to have your hair to how you like it. I have not gotten it cut (except my own trim here and there ) during this pandemic. I have not had it highlighted at all and well some grey is creeping in. Oh well.

I have to reach out to a stylist at some point as this coronavirus has caused the stylist that I was going to --to move quite some bit from where I am and it is not that close.

Happy birthday!  I hope you have a great day Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I always had thick naturally curly hair.  It was mid back length only when wet!  LOL

Like @Shanus  having 2 babies close together I cut it shorter (above the shoulders) in my 20's.  I did let it grow out again years later until I also did the chemo thing and lost it all.  Thankfully it did grow back and very similar to the way it was before.  It's not quite as thick but the color and curls are the same.  I'm fortunate I only have to color my roots at this stage of the game.  Since it grew back I have worn it in a pixie in homage to my warriors who are still fighting breast cancer.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal   I'm inspired by your reason for proudly wearing your pixie style. Hope you're doing well and bet you're so happy you have your hair back, no matter what "do" you choose. 💗

Honored Contributor

@msgb   78780FB2-2D9A-4B5D-A436-E8A09C8BEE4A.jpeg

Valued Contributor

Thank you

Honored Contributor

@msgb wrote:

I have been contemplating getting a trim.

I have a birthday tomorrow

@msgb 

I hope you enjoyed your birthday! 🎂