Esteemed Contributor

Hair Glossing Treatment

[ Edited ]

I'm thinking about getting a professional hair glossing treatment...From what I have heard and read, it is a deep conditioning treatment and adds shine to the hair...also, very gentle on the hair.

So, I thought it would be a great idea to come here for opinions from those who have had this treatment done professionally...Did you like the results?

Thanks so much!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor
It's been a long time since I had it done professionally but I've heard the John Freida gloss is really good. Have you tried that? Super easy to do.
Trusted Contributor

I didn't like the results.  My hair felt drier and it didn't curl as much as it usually does.  It has been a while though (a few years ago) and my hairdresser said that she now has a new product so maybe the new glosses are better.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:
It's been a long time since I had it done professionally but I've heard the John Freida gloss is really good. Have you tried that? Super easy to do.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No, I prefer having it done professionally...I worry about doing anything like this myself, plus I don't think the quality is as good as at the salons.

Esteemed Contributor

@turtle52 wrote:

I didn't like the results.  My hair felt drier and it didn't curl as much as it usually does.  It has been a while though (a few years ago) and my hairdresser said that she now has a new product so maybe the new glosses are better.  

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hmmm...I think I will check into it further and have a good talk with my hair stylist...Maybe he can do a test section first and then I can go back to get my whole head done if I like the results...lol

Honored Contributor

I used the John Frieda and couldn't tell any difference in my hair.  I'd try it professionally.

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I used the John Frieda and couldn't tell any difference in my hair.  I'd try it professionally.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yes, I don't like to fool around with treatments like this myself...I wish I knew someone who has had this done...I'm going to do some more googling for more information and I'm sure I can find reviews also.

Respected Contributor
Interesting to know.
Respected Contributor
I've often wondered why salons don't push this more often. Maybe the results aren't that great?? I couldn't tell much difference but it was years ago. Let us know what you find out.
Super Contributor

Not much difference in my hair.  I have a lot of trouble getting shine-maybe because I am 64 and hair is getting gray.