Trusted Contributor

Hair Color product help re: Loreal Magic Root Spray

Using dark blonde, but I really don't want to continue as the spray ends up in my respiratory tract. Does anyone use this and also Loreal's semiperm or perm hair color in dark blonde.  Are they the same shade as Magic Root's dark blonde?

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Super Contributor

Re: Hair Color product help re: Loreal Magic Root Spray

I also have Magic Root Cover Up in med brown--I found Clairol in a powder form and like it much better--I use a cotton ball & rub it into the powder and use it that way--I remember Joan Rivers used to use that trick--I also have her powder for root touch up but found that I an purchas the Clairol locally in my CVS and not have 2 order from QVC--I use clairol natural brown to fill in my roots from time 2 time--I have highlighted hair thats mostly blond and I like when there are roots in a darker shade--try the clairol I think u will like!-----------------------------marynj

Honored Contributor

I try not to use these types of spray products as I have issues with my lungs and I don't feel they are healthy for you if you do have lung problems.  You state that you feel this product ends up in your respiratory tract, so I take it to mean that you find it to be irritating to you.  I would sure find other means to handle your root issue!  Sounds to me like the suggestion presented using the Joan Rivers powder and dabbing with a cotton ball or perhaps even a q-tip would be a better choice and might not cause respiratory issues for you.  Or, in the alternative, since we are all wearing masks these days and have them pretty available, if you want to continue with this product, try wearing a disposable mask when you use this product as this might keep it from bothering you. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@danedylan @AngelPuppy1 

Thanks!  I do use Joan's Powder on roots and on my scalp in areas that are thinning do to autoimmune diseases and their meds ACK!

But I'm going through too much, and it can be messy, but I'll continue using it. I don't use much when my roots aren't showing.

i want to use a semi/perm color until I can get to my salon, which will be months....

Magic Root,  in dark blonde, is a good match for my roots,so I thought I'd stay in the Loreal line and wanted to see if someone also used Magic Root Dark Blonde  and also used a hair color that matched it.

I want to stop using Magic Root, so I'm going to color my roots, not all, I'll let some of my roots stay interspersed. Magic Root, and another spray ended up, were in my nose, my throat  as I saw when I blew my nose or coughed...NOT GOOD!

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

Trusted Contributor

I use Batiste color spray - cruelty-free Cat Happy and safer ingredients. You can get at ulta or walgreens.

Respected Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

Using dark blonde, but I really don't want to continue as the spray ends up in my respiratory tract. Does anyone use this and also Loreal's semiperm or perm hair color in dark blonde.  Are they the same shade as Magic Root's dark blonde?

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

I've been using both Loreal Magic Root Spray and Clairol Root Touch up (semipermanent) in dark blonde for years.  I don't want to go to hair salon every 4 weeks so this helps and keeps cost down.  I mostly use the Loreal Magic Root Spray to hold me over.  If I know it's going to be longer before I get to the salon, I'll use Clairol Root Touch.  I

Trusted Contributor

@poregirl 

I do love cruelty free. I had no idea they had CF! I use there dry shampoo, adore it,

Thanks

HeartCat Very HappyHeart