Respected Contributor

Hair Color Glazes - who has used them?

I'm considering using a hair color glaze to my red color routine to bring out more shine, as reds fade quickly, and brighten the color as my hair grows blending in the new blonde growth.  Has anyone used hair color glazes, what kinds, any tips, and certainly any advice? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Hair Color Glazes - who has used them?

[ Edited ]

I used john freda color glaze  and I like it but it was a tad drying. What is the best is on  sleekhair.com  IT&LY (brand) Riflessi Color renewal mask.  It is a deep conditioner that deposits color and the strength of color is dependent on how long you leave it it. its a tad messy for the pump is not sold with it but works wonders 

Super Contributor

I find that the glazes/glosses available at the drugstore do not add shine and dry my hair out, although they have helped to reference my color or tone down brassiness. I've tried several rands from the drugstore and find them all to be the same. I've had a professional gloss done and got tons of shine. I haven't tried any of the professional glazes/glosses from places like Sally's.
Respected Contributor

I searched Amazon and found the John Freida ones, which I am using now, but the color saturation is so so. I did not know about sleekhair (.)com so I'll add that to my list f beauty sites, thank you kcladyz! That one is cheaper than the one I found, but more expensive than the John Freida one, not a problem.  The red is out, so I'll have to wait but I will use gloves since the reviewers recommend it. I found this one Davines Alchemic Red Conditioner on Amazon for $28.  I'll try both. The JF one isn't drying for me.  It made my hair feel very well conditioned, but I was using the Hempz shampoo I bought that is sulphate free.  I think these two will deposit way more color.  JF and Avenue make a shine glaze as well.  I do prefer to do these things at home just because of my schedule. Thanks for the help yall.

Super Contributor

Sally Beauty has a couple that I have used.  Clairol Jazzing Temporary Hair Color deposits some color on the hair.  It really acts like a color glaze to me.  There is also Clairol Beuatiful Collection Semi-permanent hair color that I sometimes just use like a glaze.  Both don't require any mixing; just use straight out of the bottle.  Roux Color Refresh Mask is also a pretty good one.  Obviously, the longer you leave it on the hair, the more color you may see. 

If I use them just to cover the roots at the part/temples and even put a little all over, I can stretch the Clairol ones out to many uses.  The mask packette usually only gives me 3 times at the most.

I also just bought a leave-in color conditioner from Ulta that is like a mousse/foam in a pump bottle.  The color I use is Light Brown; you just apply it to damp hair and it deposits color.  Then you just dry/style as usual.  It has worked really well for my hair.  I bought in on clearance; it was less than $4!!  I need to go back and get more; the problem is I'm an hour away from that store!!  It is called TouchBack Plus Leave-In Conditioner.  It adds color instantly.