Valued Contributor

Hi all. I cleanse my hair 2x a week, and I always incorporate 613 CC every time I cleanse, normally as half of my 2nd cleanse. Within the past few weeks, I have noticed alot of hair breakage. I'm wondering if the 613 could be causing the breakage from too much protein. Anyone else experience this? I am going to take a break from the 613 CC for a couple weeks and see how my hair does. Any help/suggestions would be great! Thanks.

Respected Contributor

It definitely sounds like too much protein for your hair. Most Wenners can't use 613 very often. I only use it as my 2nd cleanse or mixed with my 2nd cleanse once every two weeks.

Respected Contributor
Yes your hair is definitely telling you to ease up on the 613. You may be one that only needs 613 once every two weeks. Try using it for both cleanses but much less less often. But first just stop it for a bit to stop the breaking.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

I can only use 613 every other week.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for your responses! I will see if my breakage improves without the 613. I was wondering what was happening to my hair, and it dawned on me this morning that it could be the 613.

Respected Contributor
I have the same issue. 613 is too much for my hair now that it is healthy from using Wen. I only use it occasionally if any at all. I find that the seasonals and BGT/MIF give me the protein I need. I only use those occasionally, too. I use the core cc's the most.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

I don't use 613 in my hair at all anymore...but love it for my face!

Trusted Contributor

I wonder if it ever occurs to anyone that all of this experimenting w/wen and such focus on hair is a bit obsessive. Just a thought.

Frequent Contributor

I love 613 CC! but I dont use it but maybe once a week now. I have the 613 oil that I use weekly as well. love the smell!!

June 2014 my hair was horrible with frizzy and split ends so I stopped using a flat iron or curling iron (I only use the cool setting on the blowdyer and use velcro rollers now.) Then in August I finally ordered WEN to try it out (after I read up on it and watched a few shows) I ordered the 613 used it every day and fell in love....but now I can't seem to use 613 that often. I have great hair days if I use POM or BGT now. I am hoping to try the SHP this summer and see if I can add that to my rotation...I have read soooo many good reviews on it here! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

And seaside shopper....I have had that thought a time or two myself! haha BUT....my hair is healthier, Longer, has lots of shine and is not frizzy since I started using WEN. I try all kinds of mixtures....I maybe alil obsessive {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Trusted Contributor
On 4/6/2015 addicted2q said:

I love 613 CC! but I dont use it but maybe once a week now. I have the 613 oil that I use weekly as well. love the smell!!

June 2014 my hair was horrible with frizzy and split ends so I stopped using a flat iron or curling iron (I only use the cool setting on the blowdyer and use velcro rollers now.) Then in August I finally ordered WEN to try it out (after I read up on it and watched a few shows) I ordered the 613 used it every day and fell in love....but now I can't seem to use 613 that often. I have great hair days if I use POM or BGT now. I am hoping to try the SHP this summer and see if I can add that to my rotation...I have read soooo many good reviews on it here! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

And seaside shopper....I have had that thought a time or two myself! haha BUT....my hair is healthier, Longer, has lots of shine and is not frizzy since I started using WEN. I try all kinds of mixtures....I maybe alil obsessive {#emotions_dlg.lol}

{#emotions_dlg.lol} addicted2q. Congratulations on having great hair!