Honored Contributor

Re: Had some facial surgery... mole removal. Need product that will mask or hide or remove scar

I had a thin vertical scar a few inches above my wrist from the oven rack.  Merderma faded out that scar which was about 7 or 8 years old!

Respected Contributor

Re: Had some facial surgery... mole removal. Need product that will mask or hide or remove scar

@bonnielu , I had a couple of early, and a precancerous spots removed.  I didn't heal well, and was left with scars.  Now I have one that was removed from my face, and im left with a slight poc.  My derm at mayo clinic recommended New Gel to be applied.   She also injected one with something and said it may need to repeated, but I didn't go back.  I may consider something for the one on my face...I have the New Gel, but, honestly I'm not consistent.   Maybe you can Google it, and see it does say helps scarring, and or pocs.   It's not cheap, but no where near $300.   I wish I left the one on my face alone, all it was, was a slight tan spot...but dr wanted to biopsy it. Really bugs me...kind of reddish hole...I have to use a dab of cover up 🙄.  Try taking a look at the New Gel...it did help the one on my back shoulder. 

Contributor

Vitamin E oil.  Inexpensive.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, that is my situtation.  I will go back to get the stitches out this week.  And it was basal cell.  The scar might be very visible because of where it is.. No idea what I will look like nose to lip after it starts to heal.  Rather get best product quickly and not wait. I have fair skin, only a few wrinkles even at my elderly age LOL but I would like to avoid having a visible scar. 

Respected Contributor

I have used vitamin e or argan oil for scars and you can barely notice them.  That includes my DH open heart surgery and I have had a couple of basal cell cancers removed.  Our Docs are extremely empressed at how little scaring we have.