Valued Contributor

HUGE Early Rave for Benefit's Gimme Brow.

Hi Ladies,

This is a very early RAVE for this product. Meaning, I just literally pulled it out of the box this afternoon. But ladies, I think I'm in love.{#emotions_dlg.wub} I am wearing very little MU today and did not do my brows. Lately I've been using the newest Dior brow pencil, which I like very much. Yes, the Gimme Brow is a different animal--it's a gel with color in a wand VS. a thin pencil. However, the Gimme Brow immediately filled in my brows, gave them some substance, AND darkened them, all at once. No need for two products (pencil and gel). The little mascara-type wand really does grab hold of the brow hairs. My brows look thick and filled in (the style I like most, not thin) and it literally took 2 seconds. The product's color is medium-deep and it's a perfect match to my brows and hair.

Now, lasting power is something I will have to check back in on. I am not planning on swimming in this product--nor do I think it's touted to be able to last through swimming. But I will be at the gym again tomorrow morning or walking, so I will remember to do my brows and see how the product withstands some more movement and sweating.

Can't wait to hear what everyone thinks. I needed to immediately run to the computer and tell everyone about this b/c I rarely rave about any product. I'm a fickle girl who likes lots of different things and I have very few HGs.

Maybe this will become an HG???{#emotions_dlg.confused1}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

TIASmiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: HUGE Early Rave for Benefit's Gimme Brow.

I'm glad it's working for you! Sadly, I didn't have the same experience when this product first came out many months ago. The lighter shade (taupe?) was way too ashy for my strawberry blonde hair. If they would come out with a red version, I would be all over it!

Trusted Contributor

I wish it worked that well for me. It's a great product, but I still have to supplement with another product. If it was one-stop for brows, it would be HG for me.

Trusted Contributor

I thought the product was way too little for the price and it didn't do much for me. I sent it back.

Contributor

I too LOVE this product !! I have the taupe and I appreciate the fact that it is pretty much an "all in one" product. However, if you have some brow areas that have no hairs, you'll probably need to lightly fill in with a brow pencil. That's my situation so I lightly "skim" the sparse area with the YBF pencil and go over it with the Gimme Brow...perfect ! Although I don't swim or get uber sweaty at the gym, the product stays put all day. Enjoy !!!
Trusted Contributor

This was part of the Special that was just on HSN that I am waiting for. I have a few greys in my brows and I dont like using a pencil. There are only 2 colors light/med and med/dark. I ordered the light/med and I hope it is dark enough! Glad to hear you like it - cant wait to get it!!!

Valued Contributor

I bought the lighter color at Ulta and wish I had bought the darker of the two.

I think Lancome has had a similar product for a long time. I'm sure I've used it at some point!

Anyway, I will try the darker color and see how it works...I do like this type of a brow product...

Super Contributor

On 4/22/2014 Lanikins said:

I'm glad it's working for you! Sadly, I didn't have the same experience when this product first came out many months ago. The lighter shade (taupe?) was way too ashy for my strawberry blonde hair. If they would come out with a red version, I would be all over it!

I agree, I tried it when it first came out and didn't think it looked natural on me at all. I have medium/dark blonde hair and tried taupe, and I thought it looked a little too red though. I really wanted it to work because it's a great idea.

Super Contributor

I really like it too , I think it gives me fuller looking brows. When I purchased it, they told me to use a regular brow pencil first, and I do like it even better that way.
Super Contributor

I loved gimme brow when it first came out and love it even more now that I've lost most of my brows to chemo. Customer for life.