Trusted Contributor

Re: HSN shipping price changes (min $5.95) - Shop more & ship smart?

As long as you buy 2 or more items and spend up to $74.99, it's a great deal.

Just remember....if you are using a DEBIT card, you WILL be charged $5.95 on each item until midnight when they do all their actual charging and the shipping fee changes to ONE bulk price of $5.95. Your account will STILL how all those $5.95 charges UNTIL they drop off your account which can be 7 plus days so budget accordingly.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

Is this a collective $75/day or $75/per (1)Cart Full?  Anyone know?

I think this last SKINN offered FREE Shipping, per item, this past *days before* Dimitri's TSV.  I assume cause i do not like paying S&H if possible. 

But i cant tell if his items had free S&H per item, w/o $75, days bef TSV, cause I just rec'd a huge haul!     Cld' have been > $75, but I tend to doubt.

What was I thinking?  I didnt even watch, or tape, Dimitri's shows!  But still, without watching, "the man can sell ice cubes to Eskimos," at least to this "Eskimo!")  What's that?  Telepathically??

So maybe HSN'll have some Free S&H.per individual item, w/o $75 Bulk buy, on some days?

(QVC will NEVER learn such "good Customer Marketing tricks" as long as same QVC CEO/CFO, Mgt, & Old Business Plan remains.  QVC hasnt  learned any of HSN's  "good Customer Marketing tricks" yet, in years! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it is a horrible idea and sadly after being a avid HSN buyer for 28 years, sadly, I think I will be done with them. Are you forgetting about all of the Beauty brands here that always offered free shipping, lets go thru the list

Beekman, Beauty Spy, Tweaked, Deb Lippmann,  Nakery, Prai, Lancome, Korres, M Asam, Dr Nassif, Skinn, Lessman, Benefit, Too Faced

So, now all purchases from these brands will have a $5.95 shipping fee, no thanks HSN. I rarely spend $75 and rarely buy more than one item in a day.I cant remember the last time I paid shipping from HSN on anything I bought. I wonder how all of these vendors feel about losing free shipping, for me it is very often a deal breaker. I still have a $10 coupon to use, and I may just let it go. Very sad. 

Trusted Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

Is this a collective $75/day or $75/per (1)Cart Full?  Anyone know?

I think this last SKINN offered FREE Shipping, per item, this past *days before* Dimitri's TSV.  I assume cause i do not like paying S&H if possible. 

But i cant tell if his items had free S&H per item, w/o $75, days bef TSV, cause I just rec'd a huge haul!     Cld' have been > $75, but I tend to doubt.

What was I thinking?  I didnt even watch, or tape, Dimitri's shows!  But still, without watching, "the man can sell ice cubes to Eskimos," at least to this "Eskimo!")  What's that?  Telepathically??

So maybe HSN'll have some Free S&H.per individual item, w/o $75 Bulk buy, on some days?

(QVC will NEVER learn such "good Customer Marketing tricks" as long as same QVC CEO/CFO, Mgt, & Old Business Plan remains.  QVC hasnt  learned any of HSN's  "good Customer Marketing tricks" yet, in years! 

@MakeUpMaidn  It's per 24 hour calendar day.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle  The vendors were the one who paid for the shipping fee (I learned this on a Trish McEvoy podcast) so it benefits them greatly.  If you only buy 1 item, then yes, it stinks. The moment you purchase 2 items, the shipping is free on the 2nd item and every item going forward in that 24 hour day. 

Being honest, I rarely buy 1 item; I would save it up in my cart until a free shipping day hit. Now I wait until it hits $75.00. With this, if it doesn't hit $75, I'm paying 1 fee for everything. Far better than $3.95 or more on 3 items of clearance clothing or a todays special that has a matching sweater or pants and it's $5.95 per item like in the past IMO.

Editied to add: @Shelbelle  I completely understand the frustration if you usually order only 1 item; it does stink in that situation. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

You aren't taxed on shipping from anyone.

Honored Contributor

I think the vendors that had the free shipping were happy to do it, they were smart enough to realize that it  can be a game changer and a real buying incentive. I still say it is a terrible idea and I wont pay it, not for one item. And that is all I usually buy in one order. And they probably add tax to the $5.95 too. 

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

I am here in MD, been that way on the Q for the 28 years I have been shopping there. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@brandiwine wrote:

Shipping and handling charges where I am are taxed plus there's an additional state regulatory fee added on to each order. 

Interesting about why s&h is taxed. My state considers boxes, wrapping and anything else that is used to ship items as merchandise that would be bought in a store where sales tax would be applied. It's the "handling" part that is taxed and not the actual shipping. 

Respected Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

As long as you buy 2 or more items and spend up to $74.99, it's a great deal.

Just remember....if you are using a DEBIT card, you WILL be charged $5.95 on each item until midnight when they do all their actual charging and the shipping fee changes to ONE bulk price of $5.95. Your account will STILL how all those $5.95 charges UNTIL they drop off your account which can be 7 plus days so budget accordingly.

~~~~~~

@FiddleDeeDee 

Ahh.. Good to know.  Thanks!