Honored Contributor

I prefer to use more plant based products on my face and body. 

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

Google donkey milk, find out the facts, then comment.

NO NO NO    no facts for me, I don't care if it takes 10 years off, no way, just because someone is using goat milk, now every single animals milk is going to be used in some product now and in the future.

Facts matter! Not just in skin care.

Valued Contributor
I won't use this or anything with any kind of milk. This is 1 more reason to take baby animals away from their mothers while mom is still lactating and then keep her pregnant and giving birth so she endlessly produces milk. The babies are usually killed. It's just animal cruelty AGAIN. I'm disappointed in Korres and all of the companies that SAY they are cruelty-free but engage in this kind of cruelty because it evades the commercial definition of CF.
Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

Google donkey milk, find out the facts, then comment.

NO NO NO    no facts for me, I don't care if it takes 10 years off, no way, just because someone is using goat milk, now every single animals milk is going to be used in some product now and in the future.

Facts matter! Not just in skin care.

Well, at least she acknowledges her ignorance. It's pretty evident in other threads/posts too. Definitely a pattern across a variety of topics/forums 😝

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

I don't use any animal products anyway for ethical reasons, but this does sound kinda gross even if ethics wasn't a concern.  

Trusted Contributor

I really like this serum / ceam ~ it is very soothing feeling .

Valued Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I did purchase this a month ago and I really like it.  It has a soothing feeling to it.  This is what I found about it by googling.  I wouldn't knock it until you try it.

is excellent for treating skin ailments such as eczema, psoriasis and acne Fatty acids found in Donkey Milk help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and regenerate damaged skin. Donkey Milk gently exfoliates the skin while leaving it highly moisturised.

Thanks for adding to the forum as I was starting to read negative replies here,but I believe they were written  by ones who never used and couldn't think of apply donkey milk . I did order the special from HSN and did auto delivery,  as Korres is a very good line that has been sold on HSN for many years,and for awhile the big thing was goat milk ,so after seeing the pictures of results ,and reading reviews on HSN for the smaller size, I thought why not give the donkeys a try it  could be the fountain of youth I have been looking for.

Super Contributor

It should go without saying that this is not a vegan product, as it contains an animal byproduct. So if avoiding that is important to you and your skin care standards, skip this trend. However, Liz Folce, vice president at Korres, who uses the ingredient in their new line, explained to me over a Zoom call, donkey milk is collected humanely—with the baby and mother being kept together, unlike typical cow's milk extraction in which they are separated, as the mother donkey literally cannot produce milk without the child present. This also tends to mean the ingredient is created in small batches (much like goat's milk), so it tends to be a rarer, harder-to-find ingredient.  

Other than that, it's a fairly mild ingredient and should be suitable for most skin types. Do be sure to do a patch test prior to applying it on your face, as we recommend with any new product or ingredient.