Honored Contributor

Re: HSN mails me thank yous with $10 gift cards!!! Why not QVC???

I get things from HSN all of the time. They do make me feel appreciated.

Respected Contributor

On 7/17/2014 kemiqueen said:
On 7/17/2014 sparklestar said:

I think it's so funny that people post these things. Just take your business to HSN and be happy. Posting this here won't get QVC to do things different. It's called competition.

I am the one who asked the original question bc I am new to both QVC and HSN. I don't know how things work and just wanted some feedback on customer incentives. I'm glad u think my post was ""funny."" Thanks to those of u who responded w/helpful info. It is much appreciated.

Question? I didn't realize it was a question. I thought you were making a statement. Sorry I was not being helpful but I didn't think it was help you were looking for.

Contributor

On 7/16/2014 nuck said:

I agree, HSN has games you can play to get free shipping (I have 2) and 15% off and I have one, so instead of looking on QVC, I will look at HSN since I have an incentive to shop there - QVC is really missing out on sales by not offering things like this.

Thanks for the info on HSN games!! I didn't know about them until I read your post!! I just won free shipping!!! Woohoo!!!!!
Honored Contributor

Too bad HSN doesn't run their own forums or at least run a forum where I could say why I'll probably never spend any money there and why the 5 people on that forum should just give it up.

I bet there's a good reason they don't risk that. I give QVC plenty of credit for not poofing all the HSN k-rap. What do you get paid to advertise for them ?- $10 doesn't seem like much.

Contributor

On 7/18/2014 millieshops said:

Too bad HSN doesn't run their own forums or at least run a forum where I could say why I'll probably never spend any money there and why the 5 people on that forum should just give it up.

I bet there's a good reason they don't risk that. I give QVC plenty of credit for not poofing all the HSN k-rap. What do you get paid to advertise for them ?- $10 doesn't seem like much.

HSN has forums on their community page. U should post what u have to say!
Respected Contributor

Well I've got 3800 current tickets and 5300 lifetime tickets and I have yet to figure out what I am supposed to do with them.

Contributor

On 7/17/2014 Tique said:
On 7/17/2014 Trix said:

I'm not knocking HSN because I've been shopping there since they came to local cable in my area back in the 1980s, however I rarely -- if ever -- receive any discount coupons from them. I think they only send those to people who have an HSN credit card and they seem to make coupons available to "first time shoppers" on sites such as Retail Me Not.

If you go to their site and type "coupons" in the searchbox, sometimes there are some for everyone.

I found the Today's Specials & Coupons forum on HSN Community. How nice of ppl to give away their coupons and share with each other!
Contributor

On 7/19/2014 sparklestar said:

Well I've got 3800 current tickets and 5300 lifetime tickets and I have yet to figure out what I am supposed to do with them.

Go to their rewards store and use your tickets to enter multiple sweepstakes where u can win jewelry and $100 gift cards etc.
Occasional Contributor

if you go to ebates dot com you will find that hsn offers a "rebate" at hsn on all purchases, and also provides a variety of discount codes that you can use when checking out. Last week I purchased two items - with the "codes" I was able to receive $10 off a $50 purchase and $20 off a $40 purchase. I think the ebates "rebate" is 2% for hsn.

Ebates also has qvc listed and, I may be wrong, but I think the "rebate" for qvc is also 2%. The rebate amount may seem insignificant but I find it all adds up. Rebate checks from ebates are mailed out periodically and I am always pleasantly surprised by the amount of the check I receive.

Contributor

On 7/19/2014 CYNDYBEANS said:

if you go to ebates dot com you will find that hsn offers a "rebate" at hsn on all purchases, and also provides a variety of discount codes that you can use when checking out. Last week I purchased two items - with the "codes" I was able to receive $10 off a $50 purchase and $20 off a $40 purchase. I think the ebates "rebate" is 2% for hsn.

Ebates also has qvc listed and, I may be wrong, but I think the "rebate" for qvc is also 2%. The rebate amount may seem insignificant but I find it all adds up. Rebate checks from ebates are mailed out periodically and I am always pleasantly surprised by the amount of the check I receive.

I love ebates!!! I have used their coupons for HSN purchases but didn't see any for QVC last time I ordered. But I always take advantage of the cash back %, even if it is only 2%!!