Honored Contributor

Re: HSN mails me thank yous with $10 gift cards!!! Why not QVC???

On 7/17/2014 Trix said:

I'm not knocking HSN because I've been shopping there since they came to local cable in my area back in the 1980s, however I rarely -- if ever -- receive any discount coupons from them. I think they only send those to people who have an HSN credit card and they seem to make coupons available to "first time shoppers" on sites such as Retail Me Not.

If you go to their site and type "coupons" in the searchbox, sometimes there are some for everyone.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

On 7/17/2014 Trix said:

I'm not knocking HSN because I've been shopping there since they came to local cable in my area back in the 1980s, however I rarely -- if ever -- receive any discount coupons from them. I think they only send those to people who have an HSN credit card and they seem to make coupons available to "first time shoppers" on sites such as Retail Me Not.

Me too. I have had an HSN card for years and it is well used. I never get anything from them.

Respected Contributor

I agree that HSN has better deals than QVC. I don't shop online very often but when I did shop at HSN on a regular basis, they would always have deals, discount coupons, $10 of spendable cash, etc. QVC never offers anything like this. Although, I really only buy Wen from QVC since these products aren't readily available in any retail store, except for Sephora. Sephora only has a very limited selection of Wen. I do sometimes buy SSC from HSN, especially when they have a tsv.

Honored Contributor

On 7/16/2014 MarenSeattle said:

They must feel they don't have to since they're bigger and more profitable than HSN without sending the incentives. Unless and until we start seriously taking our shopping dollars elsewhere, they probably feel they don't have to change much.

This.

Honored Contributor

I would like ro see the Q have the games like HSN...would love to 'win' FREE S&H or 15% off once in awhile

Honored Contributor

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Super Contributor

I learned the hard way to not pay for inferior merchandise, free? They should be paying me. I'm sure HSN and others please most of the time, just not me.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/16/2014 maddiecat said:

QVC could make its money back and more if the company offered customers $5 or $10 gift cards from time to time. I know I would use one if it were offered to me.

A customer who is on the fence about ordering a $50 product might decide to push the "go" button if a small incentive was offered.

This is what Guthy Rinker Wen does. They send $10 email codes frequently. The minimum purchase is $50, and most of the kits that I'm interested in are $49.50.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

On 7/17/2014 Tique said:
On 7/17/2014 Trix said:

If you go to their site and type "coupons" in the searchbox, sometimes there are some for everyone.

Yes, they usually have a couple of different coupons new each month that you can use once. I always check their coupon page.

Also the spin to win game, I used to ignore that but I tried again recently and won 15% off, which saved me almost $9, yes please!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I have only been shopping with HSN for about 6 months and QVC for about 8 years. HSN sent me a birthday coupon in June, coupons for their birthday in July and on the SpinToWin game on their site I almost always come up with 15% off or free shipping. This is awesome. In general they have much better pricing, or at the very least various options for their easy pay program, especially if you have the HSN card. Becoming more of a regular shopper with HSN.