Regular Contributor

Re: HSN mails me thank yous with $10 gift cards!!! Why not QVC???

I'm shopping more with HSN as well. HSN has better pricing and free shipping on many of the items in addition to coupon codes for further savings. HSN' s customer service and shipping lead time are as good as QVC' s if not better. The clearance prices are much better than QVC' s and are unbelievable low from time to time. I like QVC but wish they would follow suite. It comes down to 'Why Pay More?' for me. Having huge warehouses allow QVC to hold onto inventory forever without lowering prices but why?

Super Contributor

I played the spin and win game on HSN and won free shipping 3 times and 15% off twice. Loving HSN this days and I also enjoy playing the arcade games, lol

Trusted Contributor

On 7/16/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:
On 7/16/2014 chrystaltree said:
On 7/16/2014 Tique said:

Good for you. QVC doesn't do that (that I know of) because QVC doesn't HAVE to resort to tricks like that to get people to shop with them. HSN isn't thanking you for anything. They buying your good will and hoping that you are so happy that you'll buy something else from them.

If they are buying my goodwill and hoping that I'm happy, it's working. I suspect it's working for quite a few of us.

You could be right about that. But, I noticed that HSN isn't a 24/7 shopping channel anymore. That came as surprise to me. They run repeat shows during the overnight hours. Not a good sign for HSN.....but......there will be a lot of enticements to attract new customers.

HSN is still broadcasting live 24/7/365. What you must have seen is HSN2 which is their "encore" channel.

No HSN doesn not have 24 hr live broadcasting. I do not have HSN2. Just the regular HSN and have noticed, especially on TS presentations at 3 or 4 am, that HSN repeats the midnight presentation. I've noticed this since last year. I was surprised.

Super Contributor

On 7/16/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:
On 7/16/2014 Tique said:

Good for you. QVC doesn't do that (that I know of) because QVC doesn't HAVE to resort to tricks like that to get people to shop with them. HSN isn't thanking you for anything. They buying your good will and hoping that you are so happy that you'll buy something else from them.

If they are buying my goodwill and hoping that I'm happy, it's working. I suspect it's working for quite a few of us.

You could be right about that. But, I noticed that HSN isn't a 24/7 shopping channel anymore. That came as surprise to me. They run repeat shows during the overnight hours. Not a good sign for HSN.....but......there will be a lot of enticements to attract new customers.

HSN is still broadcasting live 24/7/365. What you must have seen is HSN2 which is their "encore" channel.

HSN does rebroadcast shows overnight. Especially the Today Special shows. This is on the main channel. Not the encore Chanel. You will see a scroll running at the bottom that states it is a repeat broadcast.

Super Contributor

I've never received a gift card from HSN. I have won that 15% off and free shipping codes, but I can rarely use them. There are so many restrictions. But at least they try to accommodate.

Esteemed Contributor

HSN does rerun the TS shows. HSN offers great sale & clearance prices, free shipping and a lot of Flex Pay for those that want to use it.

QVC doesn't corner the market on good/great products. There are plenty of complaints of inconsistent sizing, no quality control, exorbitant shipping charges, pennies-off on sales items, etc ....

Products are not inferior just because HSN sells them. HSN isn't perfect, no retailer is... but if you want more bang for your buck, you have to give them a chance.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/16/2014 Tique said:

I agree.

And I don't see it as a "trick". It's a good way to get repeat business and inspire customer loyalty. It doesn't take much to make people feel as though they're valued as customers, and an effort like that goes a long way.

In all my years of shopping with QVC, all I ever got was a birthday card. Once. Nearly 10 years ago.

Kiss

Valued Contributor

I used to get birthday cards, signed by all the hosts. Gifts too...one was a Michael Marin make up kit. full sized products, face powder/bronzer, eye shadow, blush, lip...They would gear the gift based on your purchasing history so it would be something you would like. That was over ten years ago. It was such a nice thing to do. I miss those days.

Honored Contributor

I've been an HSN customer for over twenty years........and I believe I get a birthday discount...........but they don't keep sending me things (and I do have their cc)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not knocking HSN because I've been shopping there since they came to local cable in my area back in the 1980s, however I rarely -- if ever -- receive any discount coupons from them. I think they only send those to people who have an HSN credit card and they seem to make coupons available to "first time shoppers" on sites such as Retail Me Not.