Super Contributor

Re: HSN mails me thank yous with $10 gift cards!!! Why not QVC???

I get promotions in the mail occasionally, I got a free shipping code to use on an order (or item?) during July! I think it's because I have an HSN mastercard.

I definitely order from HSN more now than the Q. I'm trying to stick to only Wen items from Q now.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

On 7/16/2014 chrystaltree said:

Good for you. QVC doesn't do that (that I know of) because QVC doesn't HAVE to resort to tricks like that to get people to shop with them. HSN isn't thanking you for anything. They buying your good will and hoping that you are so happy that you'll buy something else from them.

Fine with me, I use the promotions on things I use and need at HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

I got a thank you for your business card last December - and two promo codes to buy items of my choice on 5 easy pays. No, not a "coupon", but there were a few things I needed and it helped, as we were in the middle of selling a house after having bought another and I was sensitive about monthly bills.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

QVC could make its money back and more if the company offered customers $5 or $10 gift cards from time to time. I know I would use one if it were offered to me.

A customer who is on the fence about ordering a $50 product might decide to push the ""go"" button if a small incentive was offered.

Honored Contributor

HSN

Honored Contributor

On 7/16/2014 kemiqueen said: If QVC sent me a thank you with a gift card inside, it would make me feel nice and I would order something else. This is what HSN does, and now I order from them all the time.

Why don't you ask them? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

Don't hold your breath. The Q is slow in getting it, that is, keep the customers coming back. Yes, the Q needs to reward their customers in some small way because in the end, it will definitely come back to you.

kindness is strength
Contributor

I agree, HSN has games you can play to get free shipping (I have 2) and 15% off and I have one, so instead of looking on QVC, I will look at HSN since I have an incentive to shop there - QVC is really missing out on sales by not offering things like this.

Super Contributor

On 7/16/2014 Tique said:

Good for you. QVC doesn't do that (that I know of) because QVC doesn't HAVE to resort to tricks like that to get people to shop with them. HSN isn't thanking you for anything. They buying your good will and hoping that you are so happy that you'll buy something else from them.

If they are buying my goodwill and hoping that I'm happy, it's working. I suspect it's working for quite a few of us.

You could be right about that. But, I noticed that HSN isn't a 24/7 shopping channel anymore. That came as surprise to me. They run repeat shows during the overnight hours. Not a good sign for HSN.....but......there will be a lot of enticements to attract new customers.

HSN is still broadcasting live 24/7/365. What you must have seen is HSN2 which is their "encore" channel.

Super Contributor

On 7/16/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:
On 7/16/2014 Tique said:

If they are buying my goodwill and hoping that I'm happy, it's working. I suspect it's working for quite a few of us.

You could be right about that. But, I noticed that HSN isn't a 24/7 shopping channel anymore. That came as surprise to me. They run repeat shows during the overnight hours. Not a good sign for HSN.....but......there will be a lot of enticements to attract new customers.

HSN is still broadcasting live 24/7/365. What you must have seen is HSN2 which is their "encore" channel.

Yes - HSN2 was added to my cable lineup a few months ago, and I was confused at first, too!