Trusted Contributor

I need a new wig and have been shopping online for MONTHS to try and find the exact right one.

The wig I wear now is midlength with bangs to the side and volume on the sides with some length in back.  It's a shaded light blond that looks good on me.  It's not "rooted."

Nothing appealed to me online, and the pictures I saw that had possibilities got horrible reviews!!  Some I liked were too inexpensive so they were disqualified immediately.

A few weeks ago I visited a local wig store to see if they had anything that I could get excited about.

I was sadly disappointed.

At my wit's end, I decided to try one of the Gabor wigs HSN is featuring today.  It's about midlength somewhat similar to the style I wear now.  The light blond color seemed close to what I prefer with no dark roots.

It was a small investment (I took easy pay) so, hopefully, I'll like it; however, if it doesn't work out I know I can return it with no hassle from HSN.

Anyone have experience with Gabor wigs?

Valued Contributor

Re: HSN WIG TS TODAY

[ Edited ]

No never tried any wigs but liking the presentation . I have watched many shows both on the Q and HSN  and was always seeing  dark  roots wigs , Never liked that look especially as we get older  .Was glad to see  Gabor  are offering wigs  without the dark roots.. Really think  Martino' is so sincere  and I think all the models  and host today look great in his wigs.

You always have the return policy and wigs are usually not returnable in stores.

Super Contributor

@pdlinda   Check out Paula Young wigs....some of them look really nice..

Trusted Contributor

I had an over-processing accident in September. It is pretty bad and my stylist told me to look on Amazon. She said you can get nice wigs for under $50. I ordered four different ones and kept one. I paid $16.00 and I cannot tell you how many compliments I get. I personally hate the whole wig thing on me but it has gotten me through and no one can believe it is a wig.

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN WIG TS TODAY

[ Edited ]

If you look at some of the customer reviews for the Gabor wigs, there are none that are Customer Picks for whatever that's worth. But in general I noticed the number of stars given for each of the ones I saw over there are mostly very average ratings, nothing outstanding.

Honored Contributor

This one?

Gabor Essentials Enlighten Chin Length Bob Styled Wig

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi 

YES

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda ---In my opinion--you need to go to a wig shop and buy one in person, from someone who can help you with the style and the color and show you how to wear it and how to make it your own. I did that when I was about to go thru chemo for breast cancer in 2012---I knew my hair would fall out and wanted a good wig. I found one in  my dream style and close to my normal color that I LOVED and wore all the time, thru those bald days. In fact, I got 2 more wigs. After my hair grew back, I donated all of them to the cancer store at the hospital I went to for treatment, but so wish I would have kept one of them. I spent, or rather my insurance spent, about $125 for it. Just know that you can't return it when you buy it from a store.  I have since ordered a few from HSN/QVC and they were horrible--didn't fit right and just looked fake--but was able to send them back, which I did. 

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl   First of all, congratulations on your recovery and I agree with you that the route you took with the in-person styling and consult was how I handled getting the wigs I've gotten to this point, and was preferable.

However, the woman who assisted me is no longer working and the woman I saw when I went to the wig store a few weeks ago was little help.

I'll see how the Gabor wig looks and if I like the color and style.  If I like it I will definitely take it for styling at the wig store.

Trusted Contributor

@MG Chris   WOW!!  That $16 wig must have been one I discarded from contention as soon as I saw the price!

That's AMAZING that a $16 wig turned out to be such a winner!  

I might take another look at the many Amazon wigs I eyed and discarded because of low price. 

Thanks so much for the info!