Honored Contributor

HSN Selling QVC Beauty Advent Calendar for $15.00 more

Last night I was flipping around channels and caught the very end of Amy Morrison selling a Beauty Advent Calendar on HSN.  She was pulling out products for one of the days and it was WEN conditioning shampoo packettes.  I wondered if this was the same calendar QVC had.

Today, I looked up the beauty calendar and it is the Beauty IQ Steal for $49.98.  The still shot photo is the same on both QVC's and HSN's is the same but HSN is selling this for $64.75.    

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HSN Selling QVC Beauty Advent Calendar for $15.00 more

I've looked at the Advent calendar and don't feel its even worth the lower price. Many reviews state that the sizes are tiny, and I don't like the variety. The past Advent calendars (from 3+ years ago), were more expensive, but were much better - including full sizes. I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

No, I checked the price between both the channels and it was the same---only QVC had 6 easy pays and HSN had 5. That was yesterday. All the times I have seen it on the Q it was the $64.75. Wish it were under $50---I'd get it for a gift but at the higher price and shipping and taxes , for me it would be over $70.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl wrote:

No, I checked the price between both the channels and it was the same---only QVC had 6 easy pays and HSN had 5. That was yesterday. All the times I have seen it on the Q it was the $64.75. Wish it were under $50---I'd get it for a gift but at the higher price and shipping and taxes , for me it would be over $70.

@wagirl It's $49.98 right now as the Beauty IQ Steal plus free s/h and 6 easy payments. The Beauty IQ Steal kicks off at 8pm EST so when HSN presented it last night at $64.75, QVC was presenting it for $49.98.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva--oh, ok I never even think to check out the other Q channels---Thanks for posting about this----will check it out.

Oh happy day---just ordered the beauty advent calendar and finished my shopping too. Got it for $54,  $20 less and on easy pay!!!  Thx diva!!!!

Regular Contributor

Ehhh nah no thanks, I'm not even paying the lower $50 to receive sample sizes, half which I probably won't even use. 

I can go to Beauty Brands for example, and they're selling several different sample lots for only $10, $15, $20.  Or I can even go to eBay, Mercari or Poshmark to bid on or buy various beauty lots, or just targeted samples that I really want.  For $50, I can get even get an Ipsy or Sephora Play subscription for 5 months too. That's only a few alternate ideas there.

The QVC/HSN Advent calendar might make a good gift for someone else, but it's not a really good deal in my eyes if you're getting it for yourself.  Much of that cost is for the pretty packaging that will get thrown out eventually or take up unneccesary space if kept around.

JMO of course.