Honored Contributor

HSN'S TruHair TSV et al and parts

On occasion I use a spray-on product to hide my gray roots between colorings, but the one thing I don't like is how it colors the part.  I was of the opinion that a part is meant to be seen and it seems to be obvious that I have some color product on my hair.  But, I noticed today when they are doing the demo for the TruHair product that she just covers everything.  Wondering if I would have enough control over that product that I could avoid the part area.  Last time I used the spray-on product I actually took a damp Q-tip and ran it up and down the part several times so it would't look so weird.

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN'S TruHair TSV et al and parts

I hate these hair demos where the rep covers the entire part with color, ridiculous, Joan Rivers would do the same thing in her hair product demos, and it looked awful. even those with grogeous thick hair still have a natural part that shows the scalp. 

Honored Contributor

Tru Hair gets terrible reviews, as many one star as 5 stars or more one star, it just seems to be talc that is colored. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

On occasion I use a spray-on product to hide my gray roots between colorings, but the one thing I don't like is how it colors the part.  I was of the opinion that a part is meant to be seen and it seems to be obvious that I have some color product on my hair.  But, I noticed today when they are doing the demo for the TruHair product that she just covers everything.  Wondering if I would have enough control over that product that I could avoid the part area.  Last time I used the spray-on product I actually took a damp Q-tip and ran it up and down the part several times so it would't look so weird.

That's exactly what I use to do with the JR fill-in powder. Made it look more natural that way. @Icegoddess 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

That's exactly what I use to do with the JR fill-in powder. Made it look more natural that way. @Icegoddess 

@SilleeMee, thanks.  Sounds like I should just stick with what I'm using and use a Q-tip on the part.  

Honored Contributor

i use the truhair product and have for several years. i get good results from it. it is very easy to use, adds good body and "thickness" to my hair and the color match is great. the product container and brush distribute as little or as much as you want. it has worked well for me. i dont usually have a defined part in my hair.

pricing on this is excellent. product does last for a while.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

TRUHAIR's ingredients look so similar to what you might find in a dry shampoo, only it comes in many colors.

Regular Contributor

I have used Truhair ocassionally for several years. I think it all depends on you expectations. It is not talc....that would not cling to hair. 

I find it easy to use and it does not make a mess. The fibers make it cling to hair and it will not color your part.  But compared to a spray, it is not so concentrated and will take more effort to cover hairline, for instance. 

The offer fed in lots of colors and it has been sold for years so obviously many do find it useful. I always check reviews but keep in mind that dissatisfaction motivates more to write negative reviews.

it is light weight and you can return 1st class if you do not like.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CHEX 

The first ingredient listed in Truhair is talc.

Contributor

I love Truhair and have used it for years; I don't care what's in it; it covers my gray hair perfectly and lasts until I wash it out. Ordered 2 TSVs on HSN today.