Honored Contributor

Re: HSN ADDING UNWANTED ITEMS TO MY BAG!!!

@Venezia wrote:

I've had similar emails from QVC, HSN and other retailers.  It doesn't mean the items are actually in my cart; just that it's something I was looking at and maybe "forgot" I might've wanted.  A "nudge".

Unless I physically go into the website, add the items to my cart and checkout, nothing happens.  No one is using my account to actually order things I didn't authorize. 

I simply delete the emails.  No scam involved at all, just normal new-world marketing.

^ this. It’s not a conspiracy. It’s not a scam. I actually appreciate those reminders. Clearly some do not.

@O/T - hi @World Traveler Heart

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

Sounds like a simple error that can be corrected easily by HSN. No reason to automatically think it is a scam.

What did Customer Service say when you contacted them? And I assume you also posted on the HSN forums so other customers can be alert to the glitch. Heart

I posted this here, so others would be alerted.

I doubt this is a simple error that continues to happen repeatedly.   Only a simple minded person may assume that.  The post does not call for your judgment or assumptions on what you think or what you assume I did.

Simply for others to look out.

@Dazlin . World Traveler comes across as trying to be helpful.  Sorry but your comment sounds to me to be judgemental.

Super Contributor

Wow the OP sure sounds like a neighbor I'd loathe to have! It's a built-in cookie based feature that lets online retailers remind those who viewed or added to cart certain items that they haven't completed the check out process. Marketing and sales, pretty simple. Maybe the OP is having a hard time dealing with life after WebTV...

Valued Contributor

I wouldn't want any of you ladies as a neighbor!
New Contributor

Happened to me this past week. Had never put anything in the bag ever so had to figure that out.

Called, explained I had put nothing in the bag.

Got referred to the bag dept and she took it off.

I understand it now so I learned something.

Respected Contributor

@AngelLove2 wrote:

@AngelLove2 I’ve been thinking that for years.  

Honored Contributor

@AngelLove2& @Blingqueen023, I have no clue as to the reason for your sentiment in this specific thread. For that matter, if I felt that I wouldn't want any members here as neighbors, I surely would not bother with this site.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Well, let me tell you this story.  I was say window shopping and placed a couple of things in my cart but then left the website.  The next day I went back and nothing was in my cart and I purchased a product.  When I go to check out now I have 3 items in my cart.  Very sneaky and this was Pottery Barn. 

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@AngelLove2 wrote:

@AngelLove2 I’ve been thinking that for years.  

@Blingqueen023- Years???  But you're still here?  If I didn't like most of the posters on this board (who I find generally amiable, decent and respectful even in disagreement), I'd surely find a better use of my time than reading and posting here.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I will click on things and leave them in my cart. I also get those reminders from HSN. Mine are legit items I've placed in my cart.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004