Respected Contributor

HSN ADDING UNWANTED ITEMS TO MY BAG!!!

I just notified Hsn about getting notices that there are items in my bag...did I forget??
This has been going on since last year. I feel like it's sort of a scam and I do not appreciate it! Then I have to go on and remove items! I never placed! No I DID NOT CLICK ON ADD TO BAG!! I wrote in to customer service that this needs to stop , etc. Very annoyed!
Honored Contributor

Re: HSN ADDING UNWANTED ITEMS TO MY BAG!!!

Sounds like a simple error that can be corrected easily by HSN. No reason to automatically think it is a scam.

What did Customer Service say when you contacted them? And I assume you also posted on the HSN forums so other customers can be alert to the glitch. Heart

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Sounds like a simple error that can be corrected easily by HSN. No reason to automatically think it is a scam.

What did Customer Service say when you contacted them? And I assume you also posted on the HSN forums so other customers can be alert to the glitch. Heart

I posted this here, so others would be alerted.

I doubt this is a simple error that continues to happen repeatedly.   Only a simple minded person may assume that.  The post does not call for your judgment or assumptions on what you think or what you assume I did.

Simply for others to look out.

Honored Contributor

Wow, overreact much? I took @World Traveler's post as being helpful.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

I posted this here, so others would be alerted.

I doubt this is a simple error that continues to happen repeatedly.   Only a simple minded person may assume that.  The post does not call for your judgment or assumptions on what you think or what you assume I did.

Simply for others to look out.

@Dazlin That is the first time someone has called me simple minded. I apologize that my post caused you to be irritated to the point of calling me names.

Honored Contributor

This is one of the handful of reasons I have really curtailed my posting and reading these forums. Who needs all this type of nastiness in their lives on a supposedly friendly forum.

Honored Contributor

I've had similar emails from QVC, HSN and other retailers.  It doesn't mean the items are actually in my cart; just that it's something I was looking at and maybe "forgot" I might've wanted.  A "nudge".

Unless I physically go into the website, add the items to my cart and checkout, nothing happens.  No one is using my account to actually order things I didn't authorize. 

I simply delete the emails.  No scam involved at all, just normal new-world marketing.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Dazlin That is the first time someone has called me simple minded. I apologize that my post caused you to be irritated to the point of calling me names.

@World Traveler - Don't worry; the rest of us know you're anything but simple-minded.

@Dazlin's response was rude and uncalled for.

Respected Contributor

Let's end this discussion...its not going anywhere helpful on all our parts...my appologies.
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:
Let's end this discussion...its not going anywhere helpful on all our parts...my appologies.

@Dazlin

Probably would be more effective if the apology for the

@unfortunate text was directed to @World Traveler directly.....