Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🦋 HSN 7/28 - Dolly Parton Fragrance TS 🦋

When they asked her to describe the scent she said it is like angel wings, butterflies, cloud like.........all visually pretty, but says nothing about the the scent.

When the host said patchoulli, I knew I was out.  Pretty bottle!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs  I do have some perfumes with the note Patchouli that does have a more bold earthy scent which I have to be in the mood to wear such as Flowerbomb. Most Patouchli scents are strong.

Dolly's perfume on the other hand is light & airy & such a mild woody scent, I get more sandlewood. I am surprised that one of the base notes is Patouchli because I do not pick it up.

I did not watch the midnight show but got up early & saw the encore on hsn. I am glad I did get the sample size to test out before I ordered.

I agree that the scent itself could have been explained more thoughly for sure as far as the top, mid, bottom notes & lasting power. First the visual then the notes etc....

Honored Contributor

I have a small collection of beautiful perfume bottles and this one reminded me of one I already own also purchased from HSN.

Luscious Pink Mariah Carey perfume - a fragrance for women ...

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Contributor

I got a sample as well and didn’t like it at all. It is a strong fragrance that smelled like something from long ago that my Grandmother wore.
Super Contributor

What other fragrances does the Dolly Parton fragrance smell similar to?  I'm trying to figure out if I should even give it a try.  I love Dolly, but am not a big fan of heavy scents.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered the roller ball, to see what it smells like. It has mandarin and peony, two fave scents. If its strong, I'll use it on my ankles.

Respected Contributor

I sent for the body cream . HSN sent a 20% off coupon that I used + it was free shipping. I figured that would tell me what it smelled like. If I don't like it I will use it to moisturize my feet at night as I frequently do with lotions that aren't my favorite but good moisturizer. 

It was too hot and muggy to do much outdoors today , so I enjoyed sitting in a c & watching a couple of presentations with  Dolly and the hosts -- all sparkly. I Hope I enjoy the fragrance as well.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella 

Your experience with the fragrance makes me want to try it again but it just didn't  work for me and my nose Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

A successful event for Dolly! The TS, body cream and individual roller ball are sold out!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

I'm happy for  her Smiley Happy