Honored Contributor

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF DIMITRI SOLD HIS COMPANY?

With everyone selling their companies................would Dimitri ever sell Skinn?

I would be very sad.............

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

Re: HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF DIMITRI SOLD HIS COMPANY?

I doubt he would. Seems like if he was going to he'd have done it by now. He seems like it is important for him to be in control of his products and since he owns the manufacturing plant, it wouldn't make sense for him to sell his line unless he also sold the whole plant (and ability to manufacture products for other lines).

Occasional Contributor

I don't believe he would sell either. He loves what he does too much.  He also loves his customers.

Valued Contributor

He seems way too invested on a very personal deep level - I don't think it'd ever happen.

Valued Contributor

Interesting subject. i have thought about him selling and kind of wondered why he hasnt already done it.
I hope he never does....
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

His name is on every container.  I don't think he would jeopardize his reputation unless the packaging was changed.

Honored Contributor

SKINN is different. Dimitri talks about his company - how and why it came to be - often. There are many reasons I don't think he would sell. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think Dimitri would ever sell out his baby to some huge cosmetic conglomerate that would take his terrific formulas and dilute them to a faint, sad memory of what they are today! He is committed to having the best skincare available for the best price and I will stay with him until (and he better never!) he changes his tune and sells out...tho 1.2 BILLION for IT cosmetics? That is very tempting, I am sure Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

I have wondered if Dimitri would sell his company if the price were right. But he owns the company outright and he loves what he's doing.

But look at all the companies that got their start on a shopping channel, became super successful and then sold out to a giant corporation.

I've always thought that Denis Simioni regretted selling Ojon to Estee Lauder and likely had to sell it because of his divorce from his ex Sylvana. When I hear him speak about his Tweaked line when he's on The Shopping Channel he's pretty adamant about keeping his new haircare company small.

I wouldn't be surprised if Paula's Choice eventually is sold to a giant cosmetic company. Paula Begoun already sold it to a private equity firm a couple of years ago and she seems to be following the path of other smallish cosmetic companies that were able to sell on QVC and become really successful. I guess time will tell. She's no longer the CEO of Paula's Choice so I wonder how much pull she has within her own company. Is she just a figurehead now when she's selling on QVC?

Honored Contributor

D is in a partnership.    Even so, I don't know how he handles all the stress of running a business, travel, product development, etc.    He's not getting any younger, and I wouldn't blame him if he bailed...................

♥Surface of the Sun♥