Honored Contributor

Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE HAIRSTYLE OR COLOR?

When younger, I loved to switch up my style and color! Now at 67, I am just natural silver and cut my hair myself in a shoulder length bob...simple... do not want any fuss or work to keep up a "style"....or do I want to pay $90 for a haircut and tip. 

Respected Contributor

The style, these days, stays pretty much the same, some layers around the face and throughout, length to my collarbone. I have natural wave so it can be versatile: straight, wavy or curly. I can still put it in a ponytail for under a ball cap for riding or up-swept in hot summer..

The color changes. Highlights in the summer, low lights in the winter. And sometimes, I just let her do whatever she thinks is best! 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Estetica Wigs | Deena Wig by Estetica | 30% OFF SALE! - WigStudio1.com

This is not me..it is a wig reviewer on yt.  It is, however, the wig I wear most often and the color I wear it in. I have never liked myself in short hair so this is as short as I go. My own hair has thinned out on the top so that's why I wear wigs.  Selling wigs in the 90's gave me a chance to wear and try many different styles.  This is the  style I go back to most often and the one I get the most compliments on. I like the dark roots because it "jazzes" the wig up a bit and at 72 .....I need all the jazzin I can get! 

@jubilant Very cute! I wish my hair was thicker so I could wear a side swept bang. 

@Shanus I have had every hairstyle imaginable. I am currently in need of an update. I've had a slightly angled bob for the last 5 yrs and would love to change it up. I just don't have the type of hair that adapts easily. I get a base color every 2 months and then add highlights every other time. My stylist thinks my current color flatters my skin tone. I would like to try something a little darker though.

Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I change my hair frequently. I have been Marilyn Monroe blonde, Rita Hayworth red to Liz Taylor dark brunette.😄

I have had super short pixies to very long hair in my youth. Layered, all one length I have played with my fine textured thick hair for years. 

I let my natural brunette color grow in and buzzed my hair the beginning of 2022. I was really tired of being blonde as I think my skin tone is better suited to brunette. It is about 10% gray around the hairline and I cover it. My hair grows fast so it is now short but the layers give it body. 

I absolutely love experimenting with my hair...always have.

@Trinity11 You buzzed your hair ala Ireland Baldwin? I would love to start fresh but am not that brave.

Honored Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I change my hair frequently. I have been Marilyn Monroe blonde, Rita Hayworth red to Liz Taylor dark brunette.😄

I have had super short pixies to very long hair in my youth. Layered, all one length I have played with my fine textured thick hair for years. 

I let my natural brunette color grow in and buzzed my hair the beginning of 2022. I was really tired of being blonde as I think my skin tone is better suited to brunette. It is about 10% gray around the hairline and I cover it. My hair grows fast so it is now short but the layers give it body. 

I absolutely love experimenting with my hair...always have.

@Trinity11 You buzzed your hair ala Ireland Baldwin? I would love to start fresh but am not that brave.

Yes and strangely enough everyone loved it....but me @LuvSoCal .

My hair grows very quickly...about an inch a month so it was only a couple of months that it looked bad. I also bought a wig but only wore it once. I am glad, though, that I did it. My hair is so much healthier and I like the color.

Esteemed Contributor

In my teens and 20's I changed my hair color and style often.
Quit coloring and learned to love my natural "dirty blonde" after that. In my 50's, my hair slowly turned silver and I love it. Also got lazy and have kept a "wash and go" pixie-ish cut for over 20 years. Sassy!

So don't color or change my style ever.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Not often.  I usually don't set out to look for a new style, one just kind of evolves or morphs from the previous style.  But it's basically been layered, chunky and choppy for years.  Just a change in the way I'm wearing it on top.  I used to go from a med warm brown and a neutral dark brown.  Now I'm staying with the neutral dark brown.  It's the color I have on my hair in the photo of my brother and me.  My husband and I saw an old friend of ours at my brother's funeral.  We were talking about how much our friends had changed in looks (he has not).  He said I hadn't changed "that's for dang sure" Smiley Happy  I told him it was just a good makeup application.

Honored Contributor

My hair is layered and comes to the bottom of my neck. I like my hair to be able to move. I won't, purposely, get it cut so short that it won't move.
Honored Contributor

When I was younger I did change more often but my stylist gave me a wonderul cut recently,  My hair has a natural wave in it from short/medium to medium.  The stylist worked with my waves so it is hard to describe but it is a great cut.

kindness is strength