Honored Contributor

Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE HAIRSTYLE OR COLOR?

[ Edited ]

I don't want to go through the unattractive phases of growing out my easy to wear pixie cut, only to realize once again that my hair works better in a short 'do.  I make small tweaks with my bangs or the sides but that's it.  

I stopped coloring my hair years ago and would never start up that maintenance merry go round again.

Respected Contributor

I am the least adventurous person with hair. I've had the same bob  or a similar bob for years and years. 

I'm just not a girly-girl and hate doing my hair.  Finally found a hairstylist who will cut the same style every time without complaining. LOL 

I wash (Hibar shampoo bar), wrap in a hair towel, comb thru, sometimes blow dry and brush my style into place.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

After my most favorite hair person left meWoman Sad.....10 years ago---I have yet to find another who does my hair  the way I want . She cut and colored--( highlighting)--perfectly!!  Probably have seen 10 different people since then ---and given them each at least 3 times to see if what they could do--horrible most times!! My style is simple--short, choppy, layered, shaggy--nothing outrageous--I feel I must be speaking ancient Greek trying to explain what I want--have shown photos as well!!!

Haven't done any coloring at all, since my cancer dx in 2012---but as a result of the hard, pounding chemo regime I went thru, my hair grew back and the  color is really very nice and I like  it alot- slightly grey with med brown. Don't follow the lastest trends and never had long hair--my hair is the boss--I just live under itWoman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

My hair is just to my shoulders with a long layer and is now a mix of platinum, silver and white.  I change the style of my hair daily.

My hair is wavy, but sometimes, just sleeping on it, it's perfectly straight.  I take it from there in the morning.

I can blow it out easily, doesn't take much and sometimes I use a large barrel curling iron and do beach waves.  They will last 2 or more days.

Rain doesn't freak me out, I love when my hair *gets wet*.  Turns into wild curls, not just wavy.

I wear it down or up.  For up, I prefer a wide claw clip.  I like a high ponytail, too.  I never wear it in a bun (top knot that is so popular now) as I just don't like the look on me.

So I wear it straight, up and down, or wavy, up and down or curly up and down  They all are very different looks.  I have long bangs, but not sideswept.

I don't have to wash my hair every day, but sometimes in the summer it gets washed twice a day.  I've even done a 3rd rinse with just conditioner.

My hairstyle is different probably 4 days out of 7.  I get asked all the time if I've changed my color because it does change from hairstyle to hairstyle.  Nope, I'm done coloring my hair.  I love the way my dark gray roots *show* under my platinum and silver.

I'm the youngest sister who went natural, my hair is nothing like my parent's hair when they went gray.  I love it and believe me if I didn't I wouldn't hesitate to have it colored.  I never felt like it was a chore and always felt *relieved* to get rid of the gray roots.  

But during the beginning of the pandemic, when I would clip back my bangs to wash my face, I couldn't help but to stare at the growth and loved what I saw.

As far as aging my face, no not yet.  But even when I start to show wrinkles, I cannot imaging what haircolor would make me look younger.  Seriously.

Honored Contributor

Haven't changed either in about 30 yrs.

LOL

Guess I am not very adventurous!

Honored Contributor

When I was young I would change hairstyles & color when the mood struck me, which was often.

Now I have white hair and I like it and dont color anymore.  I am at the end stage of letting my pixie grow out to a french bob cut just below my earlobes.  My hair is curly on the ends and wavy from scalp to curls.  Its working out well and I really like it.  I had my pixie for about 4 years.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I stopped coloring 3 years ago.  Honestly I assumed I'd be all silver by now but my hair had other ideas.  It grows in mixed black with silver.  I did change my hairstyles quite often for most of my adult life.  My hair grows quickly so I'd go short, grow it out and try something new.  I stopped getting blow outs about 3 years ago and I've had shoulder length curls until two weeks ago.  I was ready for a new look so I had my hair cut short.  I have big bouncy silver and black curls now.  And it looks cool with my new hipster black frame glasses.  I'm thinking a red lip which I haven't done for a while.  

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm   Loved your post. It sounds, like me, you've decided to just go with the flow. 

Hair does look different from day to day, rain, humidity, etc. I used to fight it with curling irons, straighteners, etc. and really damaged it. My hair never stayed in a straightened style for long.

I'd much rather fuss w/ makeup than fight a halo of curls. 

Respected Contributor

I wore my hair short - kind of a pixie cut for years.  In the last few years, I have donned a shortish bob style cut.  I have fine, thin hair so I can't wear a lot of styles that I might like to.  I am in my early 60's and am blond.  I have very few grays - yet - a few around my temples.  I get my hair highlighted every couple of months just to brighten it up a bit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I seem to go from a shorter, curly pixie, to a bob...back & forth, but in reality the bob looks best on me.

I do have my color altered from season to season.  Mostly red, but I do get violet added for the fall & winter, then more bright red for spring & summer.  My hairstylist was just asking me if we are going to add violet on my next visit and I said, "sure, it's that time of year"!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.