Honored Contributor

Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE HAIRSTYLE OR COLOR?

I color often, as I am a Brunette and have lots of gray coming in, I tend to change up my shades a bit, but not as much anymore, I tend to stay with Med Golden Brown more often than not, and as for hairstyle, I am in a rut!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

With my natural curls I am not adventurous at all.   I was a few times in my younger years, had it straightened a couple of times but really wasn't happy with it.  I had thick wild hair in high school and in my 20's.  I was always trying to tame it as the years went by.  Now at age 61 I have it short and just let the curls do what they will.  I only have to color a few times a year as my hair grays slowly and the curls normally cover it up for a while.  I'm happy with the ease of it all at this point in my life.

And I have to add as many of you know already, I do keep it short to honor my sisters who are still fighting breast cancer.   I am a thankful survivor.

@LindaSal   I'm very glad you're a survivor as well. Best wishes to your sisters. 💕

Esteemed Contributor

In referencing sisters @Shanus , I meant ALL who are fighting, not my actual sisters.

But thank you anyway!

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu   Same here with the silver/white (whatever they call it) hair with natural curls. I still have a few dark pieces in the back at my neck that are slowly turing grey, too. I seemany women who are grey....especially after Covid.

The curls are a plus and do get compliemtns.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Estetica Wigs | Deena Wig by Estetica | 30% OFF SALE! - WigStudio1.com

This is not me..it is a wig reviewer on yt.  It is, however, the wig I wear most often and the color I wear it in. I have never liked myself in short hair so this is as short as I go. My own hair has thinned out on the top so that's why I wear wigs.  Selling wigs in the 90's gave me a chance to wear and try many different styles.  This is the  style I go back to most often and the one I get the most compliments on. I like the dark roots because it "jazzes" the wig up a bit and at 72 .....I need all the jazzin I can get! 

Respected Contributor

At the moment all I can do with my hair is a messy bun.  My hair is thinning, stringy, frizzy and doesn't style at all.  

Honored Contributor

I change my hair frequently. I have been Marilyn Monroe blonde, Rita Hayworth red to Liz Taylor dark brunette.😄

I have had super short pixies to very long hair in my youth. Layered, all one length I have played with my fine textured thick hair for years. 

I let my natural brunette color grow in and buzzed my hair the beginning of 2022. I was really tired of being blonde as I think my skin tone is better suited to brunette. It is about 10% gray around the hairline and I cover it. My hair grows fast so it is now short but the layers give it body. 

I absolutely love experimenting with my hair...always have.

Honored Contributor

Stopped coloring my hair about a decade ago.  Have had basically the same hair "style" for the past 20 years--short, pixie style cut.  It's me!!  I look awful in longer hair past my ears.

Trusted Contributor

I tend to go no shorter than top of my shoulders and no longer than my bra strap.  I'll change up my part or how many layers I have, but nothing drastic.  I'm lucky to not have any gray so I just get highlights.  If I feel like it's getting too light all over, I'll have her add in a bunch of lowlights. 

I just got my hair done last weekend and went shorter and blonder than I've been in a few years.  I also had her cut off all my layers so it's going to take me awhile to figure out the way I like it best.  I tend to wear it straight most of the time when it's shorter/lighter/blunter. When it's longer I tend to play around more with different size curling wands or to enhance my natural wave.

Respected Contributor

I changed my hairstyle about three years ago and the color is lighter...that is about all.