Honored Contributor

HOW GOOD IS WEN FOR EXTREMELY POROUS, HARD TO COLOR, GRAY HAIR?

HOW GOOD IS WEN FOR EXTREMELY POROUS, HARD TO COLOR, GRAY HAIR? My hair is not colored because of the difficulty in getting it to take color. The gray parts frizz despite a litany of oriducts tried to prevent this. These grays are up in front. The back of my head is brown and not frizzy or porous. It is not damaged. It's just the way my grays are naturally. When I see a stylist, only very experienced colorists know how to handle this. Wondering if Wen would help with the gray hair.

Honored Contributor

Re: HOW GOOD IS WEN FOR EXTREMELY POROUS, HARD TO COLOR, GRAY HAIR?

@Mindy D 

You'd probably get more results if you asked this in the WEN forum.

Respected Contributor

Re: HOW GOOD IS WEN FOR EXTREMELY POROUS, HARD TO COLOR, GRAY HAIR?

Hi @Mindy D , from your description, I think I have almost the same hair as you do-

Mine is super dry, Coarse, wiry, super porous, super frizz prone in humidity, and very hard to manage (but upside is lots of body and wavy- curly) .

I have used Wen, and it helps keeping the natural oils in, but it doesn'change porousity.  So I don't think it will help maintain the color.

For me, professional color stays in longest, and also, I wash it very infrequently which helps. Because my scalp and hair are super dry, washing every other week works out fine in winter . Although I wash it more in the sweaty summertime! 
HTH.