Respected Contributor

Re: HMMM. TSV NOT A SELLOUT BY MIDNIGHT

I just can't get past how the model/friend always looks so YELLOW.  I see way too many foundations that are showing yellow (IT has a lot on their FB page).  People end up looking jaundiced, not a look I'm going for.

I will say Sheila looked gorgeous with the blush.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

I would have liked to have tried it but I was paralyzed by having seven choices for "light."  I even pulled out my make up and tried to compare it to the screen, and I finally just gave up.   With that many choices, it made better sense just to go to Sephora and see them in person. 

@Bhvbum 

The shade finder on the Tarte site is very helpful. In addition to the various prompts, the descriptions when you tap on the color swatches are quite specific and informative. 

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

I would have liked to have tried it but I was paralyzed by having seven choices for "light."  I even pulled out my make up and tried to compare it to the screen, and I finally just gave up.   With that many choices, it made better sense just to go to Sephora and see them in person. 

@Bhvbum 

The shade finder on the Tarte site is very helpful. In addition to the various prompts, the descriptions when you tap on the color swatches are quite specific and informative. 

I actually did that, I still can't decide if I am a warm or cool shade, and then do I want my make up to be the same or the reverse?  

Honored Contributor

I love Shape Tape concealer.  After trying a few different brands, Tarte's Shape Tape is the only one that works wonderfully for me.  I only need very little under my eyes though, so I could never use that huge amount in the TSV.  Since it's only for my under eye area, I use a shade lighter in my concealer than my foundation.  I would not be able to use it all over as a foundation, even if I ever wanted to do that.  

Honored Contributor

@RainyDayGal wrote:

I just can't get past how the model/friend always looks so YELLOW.  I see way too many foundations that are showing yellow (IT has a lot on their FB page).  People end up looking jaundiced, not a look I'm going for.

I will say Sheila looked gorgeous with the blush.

sheila alasha.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus I have been using creamy shape tape concealer for three months now and it is really great for me the best I have ever used.  I use bareminerals complexion rescue cream then I put a couple of small dots of the shape tape on my cheeks and one on my nose and blend with my fingers and voila I get a really flawless look.

I ordered this regular shape tape tsv and it should last me a year.

Honored Contributor

Just an update to my previous post-----I did try the shape tape as foundation--well I mixed a little in with my bb cream---it was HORRIBLE!!!!! Felt too dry and looked a little cakey on me--so won't do that again--but still did a great job on my purple eye area----- 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

I've never tried Shape Tape all over my face.  Like EVERYone else, I did buy it for my undereyes but it was too drying.  I may try it again tho, using less and using a tiny drop of primer mixed in.  I'm always sure to have prepped my undereyes but this stuff still made them look like a cracked up mess!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm --yes I thought that at first too the first time I used it. but then I used that sponge shaped like an egg---can never remember its name Woman Frustrated----and used just a tiny amount of the shape tape, get that sponge damp, then bounced it on my purple eye area and voila!! the angels sang. Took a few times to figure it out tho. ----don't use it under my eyes as I have bags. Gotta get the right shade too. Mine is light 

Frequent Contributor

I think the key with shape tape concealer is less is more. I am on the fair side, and got the light shade previously, and and it is a good shade for me.

I liked the sponge (with a previous order) and it worked well, but it got moldy very quickly. I have a two sided concealer brush from bye bye under eye (IT Cosmetics), that I have been using, and it works well.

I actually bought the TSV set for the blush and the brush. The shape tape is a bonus. I may try it as a foundation. I stopped wearing it during COVID, and am anxious to try it.