Honored Contributor

Re: HEP (Healthy Eating Program) – September 2014

On 9/8/2014 kittykatmom2 said:

Where are you going to start Just Bee in the quest for lower chloresterol levels? So far, I have really increased my vegetable intake. I also have a bunch of library books to check for some doable concrete suggestions.

I'm thinkin' my first Blizzard might be my last. There's a genetic component in my case; I can play with my diet but I don't plan on taking any statins. I'd been routinely putting heavy cream in my morning tea (it's what made me want to get up in the morning), but I've eliminated that. A shame, because Better-half just ordered two new teas for me from Harney & Sons -- both are pretty sturdy -- and a bit of cream would be nice. Tsk.

I was fond of The Greek Gods yogurt for a time; have you ever looked at the label? What isn't cholesterol is fat. That's why it tastes like ice cream. Don't buy it anymore.

I'm just not bringing anything into the house that has a staggering number after the word "cholesterol." I produce enough of my own. I missed a blood donation last week and that's when I get my total number (no HDL or LDL, unfortunately). I went all the way up to the donation center, then remembered I'd had a vaccination last month. Rats -- disqualified! I wanted to see if cutting out the heavy cream had made any difference.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Contributor

bump

Honored Contributor

Well, ladies... I'm going to bid a fond adieu to my bottle of Carlson fish oil today. A bottle expires three months after opening and it's been three months. I didn't make a dent in this thing. Such a waste. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Contributor

bump

Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 just bee said:

Well, ladies... I'm going to bid a fond adieu to my bottle of Carlson fish oil today. A bottle expires three months after opening and it's been three months. I didn't make a dent in this thing. Such a waste. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I never threw it away -- it's still in the fridge. But I haven't used it, either. So what have I done? I ordered more fish oil from Vitacost. Their brand is less expensive and I'll feel less guilty if I waste it. Seriously, I think the reason I didn't use the second bottle was because it was orange-flavored. Lemon fish oil is one thing; orange is quite another. {#emotions_dlg.scared}