Honored Contributor

Re: HEP (Healthy Eating Program) – August 2014

That salad sounds wonderful, Bee!

I think I'd love & use a Vitamix but I doubt I need a machine that powerful & expensive. If I was making green veggie drinks it might be something to consider.

My cuisinart blender works well for my protein shakes. Or it did last time I used it. Been a long time since I made one.

Honored Contributor

On 8/11/2014 willdob3 said:

I'd love to take credit, but do you mean Lolakimono's salad?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

On 8/11/2014 just bee said:

Yes, I do! lol... sorry about that.

Honored Contributor

On 8/11/2014 just bee said:

Yes, I do! lol... sorry about that.

A salad sounds like a good idea -- especially after those ghastly chips! There's a name on the Lay's bag -- the name of the person who suggested the idea. Is this for real? Are these real names of real people?

Where do I send the hate mail?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I'm so frustrated with our local grocery stores. Everything's a big promotion, a fiesta, a raffle, a contest. I just want a place to buy quality food.

I understand the concept of one-stop shopping and I get that these places are convenient. But I just want food. I miss the stores that just sold food.

Next time you go shopping, take a good look at your store. Do you ever leave there after an hour of pushing your cart around and get the feeling that you haven't bought anything to eat?

Respected Contributor

On 8/10/2014 lolakimono said:
On 8/6/2014 aprilskies said: I know, everyone seems to love their vitamix, lol. That is what I figured too, it would be great for quick soups. I get so lazy with soups otherwise, even though I love them. Can I ask which one you have? I am considering the 6300. They are doing roadshows at Costcos near me beginning tomorrow.

I bought mine about 4 years ago when it was a TSV. It might be this one. K37654

Vitamix Creations GC 48oz. 13-in-1 Variable Speed Blender

Thank you. Vitamix was having a road show at Costco and I picked it up. I made two already, one I couldnt drink it fast enough, it was delicious, although not entirely healthy and the one this morning was tolerable. My own fault since I just threw a bunch of stuff in there. BUT, I do like how smooth these come out and relatively quick. I have to test a few things out but am loving it so far.

Respected Contributor

On 8/12/2014 just bee said:

I understand the concept of one-stop shopping and I get that these places are convenient. But I just want food. I miss the stores that just sold food.

Yes, yes and yes. I was just thinking that myself, it is getting absurd out there. Over the weekend, one of the markets I go to had large area rugs, yes, area rugs. I couldnt believe my eyes. It took me a minute to process it. Honestly, that is just too much. I am all for one stop shops, but you have to be setup for them not just add things with no rhyme or reason. Ugh, please bring back the "food" stores.

Respected Contributor

I have to say for the most part, I have been eating the healthiest that I have ever eaten in my life. Its not perfect, not even close, but I am not looking to be perfect, lifes to short, but overall, I am not doing too bad. Its getting easier as I go along. Hopefully, this sticks, it is so easy to lose traction. I even just had a homemade chocolate chip cookie and stopped at one. Usually, it would of been 3-5. Progress....

I do need to get better at planning meals though. Being healthy takes a bit more work.

Honored Contributor

AS,

When I make a smoothie with anything frozen, I take it up gradually to high and then blend for about 30 seconds and everything gets creamy.

HTH

Respected Contributor

On 8/12/2014 lolakimono said:

AS,

When I make a smoothie with anything frozen, I take it up gradually to high and then blend for about 30 seconds and everything gets creamy.

HTH

Thanks, Lolakimono, that does help. This one has a smoothie button but I do want to use the diff speeds so I can learn the machine a little bit better.