Regular Contributor

HEMP SEED OIL ALLERGY????

[ Edited ]

Hello beautiful people,

I'm courious to know if anyone else has suffered allergy symptoms from HEMP SEED OIL, not CBD. I have been suffering allergy symptoms for months. Never have I had allergies in my life. The last thing I added to my beauty routine was HEMP SEED OIL. I stopped using it & within a week my allergy symptoms are gone. I also felt as though I went though some mild withdrawl symptoms from the hemp. Is this possible? Please share your thoughts & experiences. I'm beginning to feel the HEMP & CBD products might not be safe for everyone. Good day & hugs to all.

Respected Contributor

Re: HEMP SEED OIL ALLERGY????

People can be allergic to anything even if they are not prone to allergies.  I am allergic to dolphins.  Found out when we had a meet and greet experience with them in the Bahamas.  I blew up like a balloon.  Go figure.

Esteemed Contributor

@lindseyemmie 

Just some thoughts....

Hemp seed oil might only have a topical effect if you are applying it, unless you are ingesting it.

Did you purchase from a reputable company? How much are you/were you using? And also, what symptoms were you having? Sneezing?

I am not an allergy sufferer, but this year, pollen did seem to affect me slightly.

A while ago, I did use hemp seed oil (from garden of wisdom), and I liked what it did for my skin. But these days I am not experimenting much with the different oils.

About a mild withdrawal....? That would have to be described. My question, too. Is it possible to have any kind of withdrawl from something you use topically?

Honored Contributor

Most allergic reactions are triggered by proteins found in various things and oils are not one of those things...pure oils do not contain proteins. I would look elsewhere for possible allergens. One possibility is fragrance which can trigger an allergic response. Does your hemp seed oil contain fragrance? If so then that could be the culprit.

Esteemed Contributor

Pure cold pressed, unrefined hemp oil can be good for nails and skin.

Were there are other ingredients in yours?  Are you sure (or not) about the CBD?

Good it cleared up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My youngest son is allergic to hemp.  He once got a hemp tattoo on his upper arm.....it is temporary...and by the next day his arm was swollen and it was raw.  

It was really bad. It took weeks for,it to clear up.  That has been at least 15 years ago and he still has a scar on his arm from it.

Anyone can develop an allergy to anything. There is a lot of info out there about hemp allergies.

Honored Contributor

Directly from an allergy doctor.  "Anyone can be allergic to anything."  "Anyone can develop an allergy to anything at any time."

At the ripe old age of 75 I have developed an allergy to Penicillin, which I was able to take all my life when necessary.

Doubtful that you had withdrawals from hemp as there is such a minute amount in any OTC hemp products.  More than likely it was a psychological reaction.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the help. I was NOT ingesting the hemp oil. I was using it as a moisturizer. The brand I used was Josie Marans. Pure, cold pressed & organic. I guess it just doesn't agree with my skin. I'll stick with Argan Oil.