Frequent Contributor

Re: HELPPPP PLEASE.....SPLIT ENDS by WEN

On 7/27/2014 Kjelle said: As your hair grows out, the old hair that was stripped and split but still very short will naturally become noticeable. You won't be rid of the old hair for a little while. Just keep up,with trimming it. We all go through that stage. In addition, I agree with the others that 613 has to be used judiciously. Plus as the condition of your hair improves, you may need it less, especially if you find yourself later using mainly seasonals which have more aminos in them anyway but not as much as 613. Definitely call The salon and get walked through what you need to do. It is worth it. Nothing is for everyone, but what you are going through doesn't necessarily sound to me like you have a bad problem, just a tiresome stage on the way to good hair. Good Luck!
Kjelle, thank you so much....You are so right....and i will stop using 613 for now....i will call the salon and i hope i will get someone who will be very patient and kind enough to teach me how to make it right....appreciate all your replies....Thank you very much.....
Valued Contributor

On 7/27/2014 pinkstylus said:
On 7/27/2014 HappyDaze said:

Sounds like you could be having protein overload. How often do you use 613? Your hair may not need that much protein. My hair would be killed if I used 613 regularly because it would dry the heck out of my hair. BGT can also be drying to the hair due to some of the astringent ingredients in it. How often do you use it?

I shampoo my hair once a week with the Bamboo and 613. If i use Fig, i think i would get more split ends. You may be right Happy Daze. I might need to stop using 613. Now that i am trying to recall the time frame of when i started using the Tea Tree and Pomegranate, i did not see much of those split ends. I think this 5 piece or 6 piece collection was aired sometime Feb. or March. Then i started to buy the 613 and combined it with the fig.....i will definitely stop using 613....thank you for your help.....

i don't think that fig would give you more split ends than bamboo or 613. since it's the moist moisturizing and doesn't have the added amino acids like the other two it might actually help more. for a few months i only used the fall ginger pumpkin when it first came out in 32 ounces and my hair got so dry and brittle. split ends were the least of my problems. i couldn't get a comb through my hair, hair was breaking off-- it was a mess! it was protein overload. since i figured that out, i use those sparingly and when i need a fix, i turn to fig only. if you still have tea tree, you might want to try using that and fig-- they are great fixers! whatever you decide, i hope you get great results.

eta: oops, sorry-- i didn't realize a number of people already suggested just fig. i should have read the whole thread. sorry! good luck w/everything!

Frequent Contributor

On 7/27/2014 jennys kid said:
On 7/27/2014 pinkstylus said:
On 7/27/2014 HappyDaze said:

Sounds like you could be having protein overload. How often do you use 613? Your hair may not need that much protein. My hair would be killed if I used 613 regularly because it would dry the heck out of my hair. BGT can also be drying to the hair due to some of the astringent ingredients in it. How often do you use it?

I shampoo my hair once a week with the Bamboo and 613. If i use Fig, i think i would get more split ends. You may be right Happy Daze. I might need to stop using 613. Now that i am trying to recall the time frame of when i started using the Tea Tree and Pomegranate, i did not see much of those split ends. I think this 5 piece or 6 piece collection was aired sometime Feb. or March. Then i started to buy the 613 and combined it with the fig.....i will definitely stop using 613....thank you for your help.....

i don't think that fig would give you more split ends than bamboo or 613. since it's the moist moisturizing and doesn't have the added amino acids like the other two it might actually help more. for a few months i only used the fall ginger pumpkin when it first came out in 32 ounces and my hair got so dry and brittle. split ends were the least of my problems. i couldn't get a comb through my hair, hair was breaking off-- it was a mess! it was protein overload. since i figured that out, i use those sparingly and when i need a fix, i turn to fig only. if you still have tea tree, you might want to try using that and fig-- they are great fixers! whatever you decide, i hope you get great results.

eta: oops, sorry-- i didn't realize a number of people already suggested just fig. i should have read the whole thread. sorry! good luck w/everything!

Hi jennys kid....thank you jenny....yes, i will go backto using Fig first.....i never knew about protein overload....and you are all so right....only tonight did i know about this, what a shame.....thank you jennyskid......
Valued Contributor

you're welcome, pinkstylus! i hope it works out. it took me a while to get my hair back to being soft and shiny and great but it did go back after a while. i hope it works for you--it's tough to have your hair be uncooperative and/or to not look and feel your best. i hope you can enjoy your short hair-- it can be really fun (and save a ton of time getting ready!). every couple of years i do a big chop just to change things up. Smile

Regular Contributor

I cut back on the 613 as well. I'm mainly a TT & Fig user, with maybe a pump or 2 of 613 in 2nd cleanse instead of 5 or 6 pumps.

In 7 years of using WEN, my split ends have disappeared, but I don't use blow dryers or flat irons. I always air dry. But with the 613 or Seasonals, although I love the scents, I have to mix them with Fig or my ends feel really dry. Weird.

Valued Contributor

Hi. I never gotten split ends from any WEN products, but I have only used 613 on my hair on very few occasions. I still have half a bottle or more than half left of my 613 16oz that came with the fig, when the duo was first offered. I like the scent, but it tends to leave my hair puffy and frizzy with lots of little hairs sticking out (I guess new growth - yay!!!). But I get better results from the TT, SAM and LAV. From the seasonals I got great results from the FAS. I know it was not a favorite for a lot of people because they did not like the scent, but for me it was the best performing seasonal. I'm hoping I can duplicate the results with the SHP, which I am so eagerly waiting for now.
Formally NewtoWen
Valued Contributor

Oh and fig was also great.
Formally NewtoWen
Frequent Contributor

On 7/27/2014 MAmom said:

I cut back on the 613 as well. I'm mainly a TT & Fig user, with maybe a pump or 2 of 613 in 2nd cleanse instead of 5 or 6 pumps.

In 7 years of using WEN, my split ends have disappeared, but I don't use blow dryers or flat irons. I always air dry. But with the 613 or Seasonals, although I love the scents, I have to mix them with Fig or my ends feel really dry. Weird.

Thank you MAmom....I will keep this in mind as I do use 5 or 6 pumps too when I had my long hair. Looks like Fif is very famous. I will have to just use the Fig alone for now till my hair gets back to its normal way....Thank you.....

Frequent Contributor

On 7/28/2014 Newtowen said: Hi. I never gotten split ends from any WEN products, but I have only used 613 on my hair on very few occasions. I still have half a bottle or more than half left of my 613 16oz that came with the fig, when the duo was first offered. I like the scent, but it tends to leave my hair puffy and frizzy with lots of little hairs sticking out (I guess new growth - yay!!!). But I get better results from the TT, SAM and LAV. From the seasonals I got great results from the FAS. I know it was not a favorite for a lot of people because they did not like the scent, but for me it was the best performing seasonal. I'm hoping I can duplicate the results with the SHP, which I am so eagerly waiting for now.

Thank you Newtowen.....You're giving me here some great ideas with the different bottles. I am hoping that before the year ends, my hair will be healthy again and shiny....Just a litte frustrated, but I will keep using Wen....Thank you again....

Frequent Contributor