Frequent Contributor

HELP with Calista Tools Perfecter!

I have a short bob, similar to Kerstin Lindquist, I want to love this tool/brush/curling device for beachy waves and I am not getting the knack of it. I watch the videos over and over on here as well as YouTube..

Can anyone make a suggestion? I understand their is a learning curve, but watching something online and doing it myself, just is not working for me. Watching it and doing it myself, is 'backwards' if that makes sense. If someone was sitting next to me and using it, or in front of me with the back of their head, and I could view from the back (I hope I am making sense)  I think I could figure it out. What I am getting is straight hair, and that is not the look I want.  I have no one to help me use it, so that is not a possibility. 

I normally use a fairly large curling iron for a smooth look, but I love the beachy waves.

I have used sponge rollers with wet hair and I have used bobby pins, but that requires wet hair and I am not sleeping on rollers again (I did back in the late 1960's)   My hair comes out nice, but I want to love this perfecter.

Any advice woudl be great. I want to love this product.

Thank you!!

Respected Contributor

Re: HELP with Calista Tools Perfecter!

Not sure if my suggestion will help but here goes. I have a short layered cut so not exactly the same haircut as you but I've found that sometimes I need to slow down and hold the Perfector in my hair longer.  I've heard the vendor also mention this. I do love mine and would repurchase it it ever broke.  

Frequent Contributor

Thank you, yes you have helped me. I don't think I left it in my hair long enough.

Again, I thank you!!

Frequent Contributor

All I am getting is stright hair and I can get this with my $20 curling iron ): 

Honored Contributor

Maybe the 3/4" size would work better.  I have short hair and I will not purchase the 1" as she demonstrates that on longer hair.  Unfortunately, the 3/4" sells out immediately when it comes in.  You would think they would wise up and make more to accommodate the demand.  Nordstrom sells the 1" for $79.99 too.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I got the 3/4" Perfecter and used it on my 1 1/2-2" hair.  It was pretty much a waste of time.  I went on Amazon, found a nice 3/4" brush roller for $11, and am happy as a clam.  It has a blower in it so I use it on slightly damp hair and the curl lasts a lot longer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I got the 3/4" Perfecter and used it on my 1 1/2-2" hair.  It was pretty much a waste of time.  I went on Amazon, found a nice 3/4" brush roller for $11, and am happy as a clam.  It has a blower in it so I use it on slightly damp hair and the curl lasts a lot longer.

Do you think if she made a 1/2" it would work on short hair?

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

I never thought anything could be this confusing. I know how to use a curling iron in my sleep. I have never liked a flat iron either.

aaaahhhh 

Honored Contributor

It's the Conair 3 in 1.  One of these numbers must be the item #.

Product Details
Product Dimensions: 2 x 7 x 16 inches ; 13.6 ounces
Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
ASIN: B000LY0VBS
UPC: 074108221254
Item model number: BM20PPBCR

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Thank you...going to try the Perfecter...but good to have a backup!