Respected Contributor

Re: HELP with Calista Tools Perfecter!

I bought this for my short layered hair and find it to be a useless. 

Super Contributor

The Perfector was one of the worst purchases I ever made and wish I had sent it back.  The odor from it is terrible and unless very careful that brush would get caught in my hair and not easy to get it out.  

I have the flat iron from Martino (HSN) and I get great results from it, curls or straight hair and faster than using that stinky Perfector.  

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Honored Contributor

This item didn't work for my hair at all.  I have an angled, layered bob and thin, fine, poker straight hair.  This tool did absolutely nothing for my hair if I used it on clean hair.  It didn't so much as put a bend in it.  The only way it worked for me was on second day hair when I had product build-up in my hair.

Perhaps you could take this styling tool to your hairstylist and she could help you achieve the look you want?

Esteemed Contributor

I have bothe the 3/4" and 1" Perfector. I have very resistant to curl hair. I MUST add product to my hair before and after for the curl to last. If I don't add product, the curl is gone before I leave the house.

McCool uses models with very good textured or colored hair. You never see the real hard problem models.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have the 1" and have to use sea salt spray and dry shampoo to dirty up my super fine, super thick, straight, curl resistant hair for it to hold curl. I now have a pixie and can't use it because it is too big. You can find a 3/4" hot air brush on places like Amazon if that helps you. My current cut is easily curled with a flat iron or what I usually do, dampen, comb into place, and go!
Super Contributor

I've managed to get a beachy curl by using a curling mousse.  I wet my hair in the morning and scrunch my towel dried hair.  I leave it like this for about 5 minutes (while I'm putting my clothes on).  I then put in claw hair clips in my hair all over my head.   

Anyway, my hair dries while I feed the dogs and cats, eat breakfast, make my bed, etc.  By the time I'm ready to leave for work I use a pick to comb my hair gently and then use a texturizing cream and scrunch the curls into a style.  Works like a charm for me but my hair has layers.  Oh, I curl my bangs a little with a $10.00 tool (like a Perfecter but cheaper and smaller diameter).  The result is hair that really isn't a curl but not stick straight. 

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Honored Contributor

My Target had the Perfecter on sale for $49.99 - check Target online for their price.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and comments. Your remars are similar to the averages on the website for the perfecter, some love it, some hate it.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Respected Contributor

I have short hair...very similar to Jill's before she started to grow it out a little longer.   The 1" is useless for me too.  

I'm not sure how Shawn says she can use both sizes...1" and the 1.5" on her short hair.

I'm thinking of trying an old fashioned curling iron.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor

I cringe every time I see this product presented.  I have fine chin length healthy hair and it did nothing except give me split ends.  I did not use it often and only used on low heat.  I had to cut my hair shorter because of the splits.  This was the worse thing I ever tried on my hair.  The presentation is deceptive, it is damaging to your hair.