Respected Contributor

My DH is having some sort of reaction to a sunscreen.  The area around his eyes is clearing irritated, red and itchy.  

His eyes are fine, no reddness or pain.

But the skin around the eyes is NOT happy.

I tried cool compressed with limited short term relief.

Coconut oil -VERY light touch made it worse.

Any other suggestions before I start digging through my stash......

Honored Contributor

Aloe Vera gel or cortisone cream, but he would have to be careful not to get it in his eyes.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Aloe Vera gel or cortisone cream, but he would have to be careful not to get it in his eyes.

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Try Aquaphor. That usually works for me. I try not to use cortisone cream if I don't have to. I hope he feels better.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Valued Contributor

I had a similar reaction a few years ago.  I used hydrocortisone cream on a very limited basis.  That would get the reaction under control but it came back when the cream wore off.  I found rosehip seed oil worked great for me.  It's anti-inflammatory and very soothing.  I hope he is able to find a solution.  If these simple measures don't work, a visit to the doctor is in order.  

Respected Contributor

My dermatologist has recommended olive oil compresses as very soothing. I have not tried the eye area though. He may find it just takes time for his eyes to calm down. You might try chilled, wet washcloths.

I hope he feels better soon.

Respected Contributor

ps...in general my derm said ointments are far superior to creams...no preservatives which further irritate.

Honored Contributor

Probably not going to find this right away, but camellia oil will help. It is a natural anti-inflammatory.  Also, try green tea bags or a matcha compress.

Honored Contributor

Do you have any Isomers Copper Peptide Serum? This may help.

Respected Contributor

Ah ha! You ladies got me thinking with your great suggestions,  I have sea buckthorn oil.  That will be perfect to sooth the skin which is now not as itchy but clearly irritated.