Honored Contributor

Re: HELP WITH SEASONAL COLOR SKIN MATCHING

@Shanus because of your art background, you can probably trust your “eye” to pick out your best colors to enhance your appearance. Already knowing you use Bobbi’s Alabaster and Porcelain in the summer, I could visualize you in high contrast blues, reds and black. Even a few Summer colors would probably be beautiful on you. I would just stay away from Autumn colors as they would probably clash with your delicate coloring...

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus because of your art background, you can probably trust your “eye” to pick out your best colors to enhance your appearance. Already knowing you use Bobbi’s Alabaster and Porcelain in the summer, I could visualize you in high contrast blues, reds and black. Even a few Summer colors would probably be beautiful on you. I would just stay away from Autumn colors as they would probably clash with your delicate coloring...

@Trinity11   I was always a “winter”, but the white/silver hair washing me out more started me thinking I was wrong...Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

@cuddlesmama : I'm your coloring with the olive undertone, dark brown eyes and very dark brown hair. I too am an Autumn. Colors done years ago and exactly fits me. My mother and sister do not have the olive coloring but otherwise the same. Mom was a very strong winter and sister is summer.

i had always heard if you have dark hair and eyes, you’re automatically a winter. Boy, not so.

I agree the skin tone does not change

Honored Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@cuddlesmama : I'm your coloring with the olive undertone, dark brown eyes and very dark brown hair. I too am an Autumn. Colors done years ago and exactly fits me. My mother and sister do not have the olive coloring but otherwise the same. Mom was a very strong winter and sister is summer.

i had always heard if you have dark hair and eyes, you’re automatically a winter. Boy, not so.

I agree the skin tone does not change

I thought I was a winter too, but white looks awful on me. Ivory with a yellowish tinge looks better, so that makes me an Autumn. I am also fair with olive skin, brown hair & eyes.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

@Shanus 

Yes I had my colors done a few years ago . The late and amazing Cindy Joseph used to have a weekly YouTube channel Saturdays with Cindy ,one of her guest was  the stylist Rivka Grubb in California . She had a special going for her her usual price so I took advantage of it. I sent my picture and I was sent a little book on a key ring with paint chip colors It was spot on My hair is dark brown with silver highlights She focuses on actual colors not so much grouping them by season .My colors were blues ,roses, plums ,and grays of varying tones I always take my ring out when shopping the right colors make such a difference 

Trusted Contributor

I also worked years ago as a certified color consultant in the Munsell system of analysis.  "Color Me Beautiful" also used this same system.  In my experience, your "season" doesn't change with age, but your color pattern will.  Instead of dark hair, typical Winters will become gray/silver.  The eyebrows of Winters are the last to change color!  Clothing that repeats your color pattern are usually the most flattering. Instead of a black dress with white trim, a white dress with black trim will be more flattering.

We all lighten up with age, but our "season" doesn't change! Usually, the lighter, brighter colors in our palette are more flattering, both in clothing and in makeup.  Dying your hair doesn't change your "season", which is determined by the undertone of your skin.  This doesn't change from the moment we were born!