Honored Contributor

Re: HELP TO REMOVE PEACH FUZZ...

@Trinity11 wrote:

For those shaving their face. Doesn't the hair growing back feel rough? A loved one strokes your face and feels the stubble? 

@Trinity11 Of course, it's noticeable to a degree, it's outgrowth, but it's not rough like a man's stubble.  Whatever removal method is used, there's going to be outgrowth that can be felt.  For me, it's most noticeable under my chin, not so much on my cheeks. 

Honored Contributor

@vermint and @SilleeMee - I ordered one of these today.  Hoping it works for me too!

Respected Contributor

Another fan of face shaving here...been doing it for a couple years. Products I think, are absorbed better. Facial skin as smooth and taut as a babys bottom at 66. Of course, I credit Retin A use for past 15 years for that😊 but the shaving is an excellent exfoliate 

Honored Contributor

I've been doing this for decades.  It's not coming back in stiffer or more dense or darker.  The hairs on your face grow at different rates  and virgin hair hasn't been blunt cut.  When it's shaved, more of it comes in at once and the ends are blunt, giving the illusion (and feel at first) of thicker/coarser).  That's the way I've read it explained years ago.  I've never understood why people question this asking "doesn't the hair come back darker and more coarse?  If it did, I'm positive none of us would be doing it Smiley Wink 

Contributor

For the longest time I was petrified to shave my peach fuzz - thought for sure it would grow in dark or become a female 5 o'clock shadow!  Finally, after catching a good look at my lower jaw and neck in the sunlight, I bit the bullet and bought 3 of thos e little shavers that QVC had and voila! perfect! and it has to be touched up very infrequently and it's not dark - wish I had done it sooner.  I can't get rid of all my issues but at least it's a small victory.

Honored Contributor

@judy0330 wrote:

My dermatologist recommends that women shave their faces.  I FINALLY decided to try it.  Life changing!  ðŸ˜Š
What a difference in how smoothly foundation goes on my face now.  My only regret is that I didn't start doing it a long time ago.  

What she said.

I lather my face with my usual facial cleanser (Dr. Bronner's unscented) and shave with a men's razor.  A Mach 3 or 5 or some such thing.

Really glad to see so many others are doing it. Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~