Respected Contributor

HELP TO REMOVE PEACH FUZZ...

I've only had to use Nair on my upper lip, and im satisfied with it, but all of a sudden I'm seeing peach fuzz on my cheeks.  Should I use the Nair there also,  or is something else better for the cheeks?   I'm worried that it may grow back worse if I remove it...please help.  Thanks!!

Respected Contributor

Re: HELP TO REMOVE PEACH FUZZ...

[ Edited ]

I use a ladies electric shaver. Your hair won’t grow back thicker or coarser. You’ll never want to use Nair again 😀

Honored Contributor

Just shave it. There are many shaving/razor options out there. Most of the time, I lather up and use a disposable manual razor, but I also have a Finishing Touch Flawless Razor .  

https___images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com_images_I_31duSpe8ZpL._SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Forget all those expensive gadgets.  Buy a men's or women's disposable razor and have at it.  All over.  Forehead, cheeks, stache, everything.  Just be careful on the forehead area as it isn't flat and you'll nick yourself.  Great exfoliation and no, the hair will not grow back coarser.  You will wonder why you didn't do this sooner. 

Respected Contributor

Amazon has products for this type of problem just type in hair removal for sensitive skin the one I have is called... Kingwell facial hair remover....  it's completely painless and very effective cost is 14.99.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been shaving off my peach fuzz for years and it hasn't gotten worse. I haven't grown a beard yet.

If you use a copper peptide serum, for example Isomers Copper-P, that can make hair grow and become more noticeable on your face. Copper peptides are used in several hair growth enhancement products as an active ingredient. Copper peptides work in much the same way as minoxidil.

I use this Panasonic Close Curves to remove peach fuzz:

Panasonic Electric Shaver for Women, Cordless 3 Blade Razor, Pop-Up Trimmer, Close Curves, Wet Dry Operation, Independent Floating Heads - ES2207P, Opens in a new tab

Regular Contributor

I have always had an issue with facial hair and have been using one of those little battery driven devices for years but was never satisfied with the result.  I have always been reluctant to use a regular razor, as some suggest, because I do have 2 moles (one at my upper lip) and I don't want to risk a cut.  After I read several contributors mentioning the Panasonic Close Curves, I went ahead and bought it.  Thanks to all who talked about it!! The results on my face are wonderful.  My skin stubble free and, honestly, it just looks so much smoother.  I only have to shave once a day.  I always had to use the little battery driven devices in the morning and, again, at night because they never really got close to the skin.  Besides how well the Panasonic works, it is rechargeable and only cost about $23.  

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin   I've used a regular razor on my peach fuzz for years.  It doesn't grow back coarser or darker.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

My dermatologist recommends that women shave their faces.  I FINALLY decided to try it.  Life changing!  ðŸ˜Š
What a difference in how smoothly foundation goes on my face now.  My only regret is that I didn't start doing it a long time ago.  

Honored Contributor

One thing that's easy to use are those shaver things QVC was selling where you got (I think it was) 4 at a time.

They are battery operated and have a small blade with teeth in them.

It also gets rid of the dead skin, kind of like something that exfoliates the skin.  You can even see the dead skin coming off of your face.

When people ask me why I don't have many wrinkles, I totally feel like a tiny part of heredity but mostly because I exfoliate my skin two times a day, morning and night.

Every few days I use the battery operated thing I mentioned above.

You can't cut yourself and as you wipe off the blade (won't cut, only teeth like a comb) you can see the fuzz and the dead skin.

Like everyone says, you don't grow a beard.

The ladies on here are more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am, I only know what works for me.

I also every night, after washing my face with a microfiber wash rag, I use Dr. Denese's firming facial pads.  They also exfoliate the skin.  I follow it with Dr. Denese's Hydroshield.

Just get off the old skin, look up how much skin you shed every day, it's a lot.

If I were you, as far as helping your skin you should try various things.  The ladies here have really good ideas to try.

But in answer to your question (I apologize but I'm always long-winded) look up those shavers.  I'll try to find them on QVC.