Trusted Contributor

Re: HELP ... Pump for 16 Oz Philosophy Shower Gel!

@minwife wrote:

I went to the Dollar Tree store & bought a mustard/ketchup empty dispenser bottles with pointed lids.  Poured the shower gel in one of them.  Works fine & a lot easier to hold & squirt.  

This is a really great idea, @minwifeSmiley Happy

I have seen these empty squeeze bottles there too, and was wondering how they would work for something like that, as I have difficulty opening up some of those bottles of shampoo or cleansers with a flip top on them.

Frequent Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Thanks, did it cut with a regular scissors, or did you have to use a knife, maybe lay it down on a cutting board and use a knife.

I used one of those box cutter blades so I'm sure a knife will work too.

Frequent Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Get in the habit of saving any good pump that comes off an empty bottle, no matter what it is.  Eventually you will be prepared for no pump bottles or pump failures.  There is no way I'm standing in the shower running precious water down the drain trying to squeeze out a Philosophy bottle.  At times I have totally drained a product (storing elsewhere) just to get a good jar-pump combo for my current new product. 

Yes, I've done that with the large 32 oz. bottles. I've also kept my Bare Minerals cleanser pump bottle to use for the philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser and my Bare Minerals primer pump bottle to use with other primers. There's always other uses for all these bottles & pumps!

Occasional Visitor

Check your local Dollar General Store for a bottle of Levels Signature Series hand soap. If they have it Youll find it in their Value Valley or $1 section. The bottle and pump is the exact same size and shape as the 16oz Philosophy bottle. I do not know how good this pump is. but Ive covered 2 bases with this $1 buy. Soap for my refillable soap dispenser and a pump for my philosophy. Also after we finished off a bottle of dg brand hand sanitizer I found its fump fit my 8 oz bottles  of Philosophy perfectly as well.