Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 76
Registered: ‎11-18-2012

Re: HELP ... Pump for 16 Oz Philosophy Shower Gel!

The wen pumps for their 16 oz fit perfectly for philosophy 16 oz shower gels. I bought several on eBay.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 797
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: HELP ... Pump for 16 Oz Philosophy Shower Gel!

i put the philosophy bath gels in smaller bottles from other brands so that they will all fit in my bath.  The philsophy botthes are usually slippery so I started using the smaller ones that I have kept.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 102
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: HELP ... Pump for 16 Oz Philosophy Shower Gel!


@mgflores wrote:
The wen pumps for their 16 oz fit perfectly for philosophy 16 oz shower gels. I bought several on eBay.

mgflores ... Thank you so much for your response!! I'm heading to eBay right now to buy a couple Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,424
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: HELP ... Pump for 16 Oz Philosophy Shower Gel!


@mgflores wrote:
The wen pumps for their 16 oz fit perfectly for philosophy 16 oz shower gels. I bought several on eBay.

Thanks for sharing this great tip!!!

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 102
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: HELP ... Pump for 16 Oz Philosophy Shower Gel!

UPDATE:  Just received my set of 2 Wen pumps in the mail from eBay. They fit except I had to cut a little bit off the bottom of the pump tube since it was too long. Should work great now ... no more trying to squeeze the bottles with wet slippery arthritic hands!

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 94
Registered: ‎08-30-2010

Re: HELP ... Pump for 16 Oz Philosophy Shower Gel!

I went to the Dollar Tree store & bought a mustard/ketchup empty dispenser bottles with pointed lids.  Poured the shower gel in one of them.  Works fine & a lot easier to hold & squirt.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,424
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: HELP ... Pump for 16 Oz Philosophy Shower Gel!


@LAllyR wrote:

UPDATE:  Just received my set of 2 Wen pumps in the mail from eBay. They fit except I had to cut a little bit off the bottom of the pump tube since it was too long. Should work great now ... no more trying to squeeze the bottles with wet slippery arthritic hands!


I bought some too, about how much did you have to cut off, thanks??

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 102
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: HELP ... Pump for 16 Oz Philosophy Shower Gel!


@Shelbelle wrote:

@LAllyR wrote:

UPDATE:  Just received my set of 2 Wen pumps in the mail from eBay. They fit except I had to cut a little bit off the bottom of the pump tube since it was too long. Should work great now ... no more trying to squeeze the bottles with wet slippery arthritic hands!


I bought some too, about how much did you have to cut off, thanks??


It was probably about a 1/4" or so. I cut off a bit then tried but still not enough so cut off a bit more. Just don't cut too much all at once. You'll be able to tell because it won't screw on if it's still too long. Once it's just right the cover screws on perfectly and the pump works great!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,424
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: HELP ... Pump for 16 Oz Philosophy Shower Gel!

Thanks, did it cut with a regular scissors, or did you have to use a knife, maybe lay it down on a cutting board and use a knife.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,398
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: HELP ... Pump for 16 Oz Philosophy Shower Gel!

Get in the habit of saving any good pump that comes off an empty bottle, no matter what it is.  Eventually you will be prepared for no pump bottles or pump failures.  There is no way I'm standing in the shower running precious water down the drain trying to squeeze out a Philosophy bottle.  At times I have totally drained a product (storing elsewhere) just to get a good jar-pump combo for my current new product.