Frequent Contributor

HELP ... Pump for 16 Oz Philosophy Shower Gel!

I need a pump for my 16 oz. Philosophy shower gels but the reviews on the Philosophy website for the 16 oz. pumps are awful. I was looking on eBay and see many of the 16 oz. pumps for the Wen products. Can anyone tell me if they will fit the 16 oz. Philosophy shower gel bottles?

Thanks for your help!!

Honored Contributor

Re: HELP ... Pump for 16 Oz Philosophy Shower Gel!

I bought a pump on philosophy and it didn't fit the bottle right.  I went to Sallys beauty supply and bought one that was much cheaper and worked.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks GCR18 .... I never thought of Sally's Beauty Supply. I don't have one very close by (80 miles) but will check it out next time I get there! Hoping someone who has Wen & Philosophy can tell me if they fit as it would be easier to get one on eBay.

Super Contributor

Maybe email them directly? You shouldn't have to buy one. That happened to me once with Wen. I emailed Wen CS directly and they sent me a new one right away. Now that philosophy is owned by Coty, I wonder if they would do that for you. They should. Hope so.

Honored Contributor

A few years ago Phil sent me a pump for free for the 16 oz bottles since I complained about not having one. it was awful nothing came oot of the hole. Then I begain emptying my 16 oz bottles into an older 32 oz one wihj a great pump.

Contributor

Lots of us are in this boat for lots of reasons - arthritic hands and cannot squeeze the bottle hard enough to get anything out of the bottle once it gets to a certain level, etc.  The product gunks up (technical term) inside the cap and little hole, and it's impossible to unclog it out.  I would love a pump, too!  Perhaps if enough people request it, philosophy will at least make them available online.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mibo wrote:

Lots of us are in this boat for lots of reasons - arthritic hands and cannot squeeze the bottle hard enough to get anything out of the bottle once it gets to a certain level, etc.  The product gunks up (technical term) inside the cap and little hole, and it's impossible to unclog it out.  I would love a pump, too!  Perhaps if enough people request it, philosophy will at least make them available online.

@mibo  Philosophy does sell pumps on their website for the 16 oz size, but they're not the best.  I have a few in that size, and I think they're okay, but for people with arthritis or dexterity challenges, the 16 oz size pumps aren't the best.  They do work, but the "spring-thing" inside the pump doesn't really allow the pump to pop up as quickly as it should to dispense the product (if that makes any sense).  They do work, but you have to push downward with a little more pressure than you should have to.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Frequent Contributor

Philosophy does sell a pump for the 16 oz. bottle but the reviews are very poor. I doubt they would send me one for free when they sell them on their website. Thus the reason for my question about the WEN pumps and if they will fit. There are a lot of them on eBay.

Frequent Contributor

@mibo wrote:

Yes, that is my situation ... I have rheumatoid arthritis and cannot squeeze those bottles but love the shower gels so just trying to find a different pump that would work with them.

I'm still waiting to see if anyone has WEN & Philosophy and can tell me if the WEN 16 oz. pump will work with the Philosophy 16 oz. bottle. Otherwise, I will have to wait until I can get to a Sally Beauty Supply store. 

Respected Contributor

@LAllyR wrote:

@mibo wrote:

Yes, that is my situation ... I have rheumatoid arthritis and cannot squeeze those bottles but love the shower gels so just trying to find a different pump that would work with them.

I'm still waiting to see if anyone has WEN & Philosophy and can tell me if the WEN 16 oz. pump will work with the Philosophy 16 oz. bottle. Otherwise, I will have to wait until I can get to a Sally Beauty Supply store. 

@LAllyR  I don't use WEN, but I think I read a long time ago on the Philosophy forum that the 16 oz WEN pumps do fit the 16 oz Philosophy bottles.  Maybe someone on the WEN forum would know (if you haven't already asked there) .  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥