Respected Contributor

Re: HELP! Lines above the lips.

Maybe it's my 10 times magnifying mirror.☺ I have a friend who runs from it. She says it's to much for her.
LOL, She is probably right.
Honored Contributor

My suggestion is Marula oil.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

I have an appointment will my Derm later this month for above lip fillers.  I don't care if it hurts, I'm looking forward to being lineless. Am getting my lips done too.  Will report back..........

I’ve done both and am thrilled with the results! I had a dental block and barely felt a thing. (I wouldn’t do my lips without it.) I’m excited for you and can’t wait to hear back! 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic wrote:

@roxxy1

Good luck!  Fillers definitely do the job, but wow, the procedure is painful and expensive.  On my last treatment I had the long lasting Juvederm or maybe Restylane, it lasts 2 years.  It is time for more, but the cost and pain are keeping me from doing it, although I will probably end up having it done again. What we endure for beauty! 

Did you have a dental block or did they just ice you and add lidocaine? I wouldn’t do it without the dental block. I barely felt a thing. Honestly. (And the block was a couple shots of novocaine and completely worth it.) 

Valued Contributor

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@roxxy1 wrote:

I have an appointment will my Derm later this month for above lip fillers.  I don't care if it hurts, I'm looking forward to being lineless. Am getting my lips done too.  Will report back..........

I’ve done both and am thrilled with the results! I had a dental block and barely felt a thing. (I wouldn’t do my lips without it.) I’m excited for you and can’t wait to hear back! 

One more thing......They will tell you this and please listen. NO blood thinners (aspirin, etc.) or alcohol the night before to keep bruising to a minimum. 

Respected Contributor

@Ifeelwicked

I never had a dental block!  It was never offered.  Actually, the Dr. claimed any other substance injected would either block or dilute the filler so it wasn't recommended.  They did use the numbing cream, but it did almost nothing for pain relief.  The lips are very sensitive;  if you've ever been hit in the mouth, accidently or not, you know how painful that is. My youngest used to rear back when he was on my lap and his head would hit my mouth.  Ouch! 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

Please, I need suggestions to help reduce the appearance of what are often called "smokers' lines".   Although I have never smoked, I have the lines.  I've had fillers done and that worked, but it's pricey and the procedure is quite painful.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a product that helps.  I don't expect miracles, so I know no topical cream or serum will completely eliminate the lines.

Thank you for any suggestions! 

@this is my nic  Lines above the lip are almost as worrisome as slackening necks. I use any exfoliating products on my face...extra time above the lip. I also am sure to get that w/ all other face skincare....my acid peel pads, Retin A, serums, etc. Prevention to keep them from getting worse? Spf and don’t drink using a straw.

***A little artist’s trick to conceal them a bit: Use a light  waterproof eye pencil and with lips relaxed, draw a faint line into each prominent wrinkle and blend. When doing makeup (or painting), lighter colors make that area come forward...the shadow of the line. This technique can be used on nasolabial folds, crows feet, around nostrils, between brows, etc.  Please use a matte product. Any shimmer will only highlight the lines.

Valued Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@Ifeelwicked

I never had a dental block!  It was never offered.  Actually, the Dr. claimed any other substance injected would either block or dilute the filler so it wasn't recommended.  They did use the numbing cream, but it did almost nothing for pain relief.  The lips are very sensitive;  if you've ever been hit in the mouth, accidently or not, you know how painful that is. My youngest used to rear back when he was on my lap and his head would hit my mouth.  Ouch! 

I am so sorry for you. I can’t imagine that kind of pain!  I hardly felt a thing and my lips are exactly what I wanted. Come to think of it, the doctor suggested the block after explaining the pain involved. I don’t think I could’ve said “yes” any faster. I’m no expert, but I feel you suffered needlessly. I would look elsewhere if you decide to ever do this procedure again. OUCH, is right!!