Contributor

HELP! Face feels like petroleum gel stuck on it?

I’m not sure what was put in my face moisturizer but the skin on my face feels terrible. Any suggestions to get rid of that tacky sticky feel without stripping my skin? Thanks 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HELP! Face feels like petroleum gel stuck on it?

[ Edited ]

Wouldn't expose skin to any more chemicals without knowing what's already been applied there. Do you think someone's tampered with your moisturizer, @Bellagio ?

Honored Contributor

How a about some soap and water?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Bellagio  First try a facial wipe and then wash your face with facial wash or gentle bar soap.  Good luck.  Throw away the bad moisturizer.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I would suggest an oil cleanser. I have Tatcha's pure camelia cleansing oil which is gentle on the skin. Some ladies here reco. Palmer's cleansing oil. I use to use Burt Bees cleansing oil. I had a bad reaction once to a moisturizer so I suggest a hydrating gentle oil cleanser. If you have argan oil or another oil you prefer then you can add a few drops with your daily cleanser.

Respected Contributor

A micellar cleanser should work. They are usually very mild.

Honored Contributor

@Bellagio wrote:

I’m not sure what was put in my face moisturizer but the skin on my face feels terrible. Any suggestions to get rid of that tacky sticky feel without stripping my skin? Thanks 

@Bellagio   I’d try a witch hazel, not alcohol, toner after a good face wash with gentle soap like Dove. What moisturizer did you use so we can avoid that one?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bellagio wrote:

Wash your face with a bar of DOVE SOAP. Lather up with warm water. Leave the lather sit a couple minutes. Rinse with warm water and repeat. 

I can be more helpful if I know the ingredients and/or name of the moisturizer, so I can use my chemistry knowledge to figure the best strategy.

Respected Contributor

Try a gentle exfoliating product.  That should remove any layer of whatever is "stuck" to your skin, but without stripping it. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

@Bellagio   Dang!!  I'd be washing my face with Irish Spring and follow with some JM Argan Oil !!!   I can't stand any moisturizer that feels heavy on my face.