Honored Contributor

Has anyone ever noticed how much better people look on HSN when they have their beauty shows?? They use filters!! Everyone there looks so young and almost flawless.  It's deceiving I would say.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Has anyone ever noticed how much better people look on HSN when they have their beauty shows?? They use filters!! Everyone there looks so young and almost flawless.  It's deceiving I would say.

@SilleeMee. Before anyone dreamed there could be filters, makeup artists in old movies put Vaseline on the camera lenses to blur the aging actresses. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee. It’s much easier to blur out lines and wrinkles with primer or using tricks with 2 shades of foundation...lighter in lines so they come forward...zits are impossible!

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Keep in mind whether HD makeup or the vendor’s makeup (probably rare), many models and hosts have not such  great skin from the amount of makeup they need to wear, how many hours, under hot lights, etc. Wearing makeup for TV and photo shoots is an entirely different ball of wax. Without heavy liner & fake lashes, from far away, eyes disappear. 

@Shanus  If Jane wore half the eye makeup she does now we'd still be able to see her eyes. A perfect example is when Kristopher Buckle (or whatever his name is) did her makeup she looked so much softer and younger and there was no problem seeing her eyes. Same with a couple others, their makeup person is doing them no favors. Way too harsh.

@shaggygirl  I think Shawn has cut back a little on the eye makeup lately.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee. It’s much easier to blur out lines and wrinkles with primer or using tricks with 2 shades of foundation...lighter in lines so they come forward...zits are impossible!

Yes, I believe the whole contouring thing became really popular when being in front of the camera became mainstream, as in facebook and Instagram. The selfie image and all of the techniques used to make a person look better with filters and photoshop. @Shanus

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

HSN uses filters all the time for every show on the hosts and vendors.  I've seen when those filters go out and the difference in the way they look to when they come back on is pretty astounding.

But I've seen some pretty bad looking make-up applications on the models on HSN as well too. Especially when Adrienne is doing their make-up. 

Honored Contributor

I sure hope this makeup trend of “more is better” goes away quickly. You tubers to blame.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I sure hope this makeup trend of “more is better” goes away quickly. You tubers to blame.

@Shanus, I must need more coffee because when I first read this, I wondered the reason for blaming this trend on potatoes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Keep in mind whether HD makeup or the vendor’s makeup (probably rare), many models and hosts have not such  great skin from the amount of makeup they need to wear, how many hours, under hot lights, etc. Wearing makeup for TV and photo shoots is an entirely different ball of wax. Without heavy liner & fake lashes, from far away, eyes disappear. 

@Shanus  If Jane wore half the eye makeup she does now we'd still be able to see her eyes. A perfect example is when Kristopher Buckle (or whatever his name is) did her makeup she looked so much softer and younger and there was no problem seeing her eyes. Same with a couple others, their makeup person is doing them no favors. Way too harsh.

@Shanus Yes I'd have to agree with you on that, tho I only really see her on drive-bys for the most part. Hope she is consistently laying off of it because for awhile there she reminded me of that movie What Ever Happened To Baby Jane!

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus Yes I'd have to agree with you on that, tho I only really see her on drive-bys for the most part. Hope she is consistently laying off of it because for awhile there she reminded me of that movie What Ever Happened To Baby Jane!

@shaggygirl.  When she was doing those “off the cuff” interviews w/ vendors during one of her shows, she had on sweats and no makeup. She looked at least 10 yrs. younger.