Respected Contributor

My TV is across the room maybe 15 feet and everyone in the makeup shows looks good.  Yesterday I was walking up close to the TV during an IT show and omg....I could see pores, blackheads and makeup accentuating the wrinkles and it was awful........Stay far a way from the tv....

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

HD is not kind to people. Suzanne Somers the other day was a good example. I'm glad I'm not on TV. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Woman Very Happy
Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

My TV is across the room maybe 15 feet and everyone in the makeup shows looks good.  Yesterday I was walking up close to the TV during an IT show and omg....I could see pores, blackheads and makeup accentuating the wrinkles and it was awful........Stay far a way from the tv....

Spoiler

@chiclet  Scary isn't it? The first time that happened to me it was also an IT show and a close up of Helen (ya know Helen of 72 (or whatever) years old & drop dead gorgeous. The next time it was during a Mally show and a model she frequently uses who's name I forget. Both times I was half asleep and on my way to the bathroom. Scared the bejeesus out of me. You don't realize from a distance how it's been heavily troweled on emphasizing everything you don't want to see that close up.

Esteemed Contributor

"THE" Helen..........funny how I've had FOUR birthdays - but Helen is still 72.

Drop D G

Respected Contributor

I totally agree. It is very informative to get up close when considering a makeup purchase. Often

it is 

obvious the makeup is not doing the models any favors.

Seeing the makeup of the hosts up close, with those eyelashes that look so exaggerated etc is enough to make me shake my head in wonder. The camera usually quickly pulls out for a longer shot.

Ocassionally when we see the hosts without makeup they look so much better and younger.

Honored Contributor

It's even more detailed in 4K! 

Super Contributor

I always wonder why that they have that model helen--they say no cracking etc. etc.--well when they come up close she has all they say won't happen if u use this makeup--it's quite obvious!--she looks terrible and they can say what they want 2 say but the proof is right there in 4H--and might I add--they had their todays special yesterday--if I didn't know--it was the same exact words they use for all their skin care that they've been using all these years--they don't change their words just their new line of makeup/skin care--anyone notice that?..........................

Esteemed Contributor

I notice it more on the TV news shows.  Those lady anchors who look like their faces are made of putty and glue...??   They really are!!!! 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Oh I have noticed this also!  I have a new TV in bedroom and WOW you see it ALL! LOL!!

With that said I do think that in real life none of these models (young to old) would be putting on a thick heavy layer of foundation and powder.  If they even use that brand they would apply it with a light hand as nobody wants to use any foundation that makes your pores bigger and your wrinkles just pooling with liquid foundation.

Esteemed Contributor

Jane T  was doing a beauty show and mentioned that she goes to Make-Up  (dept) before the show - hosts have to use special make-up for TV.

Wondered:  if  make-up models are using the product they are selling - or - special TV bottle.